Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Animal Abuse
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d7n7master
Hi All,
I seriously need your advice. Our next-door neighbors have two dogs that they feed & provide water - but nothing else. No human interaction. They're dogs are NOT allowed in the house because they say that the dogs pee on the carpets. I believe the dogs are trying to tell the owners exactly how they feel about being ABUSED!!! They don't bathe the dogs or take them to the vet. Their kids don't even go in the backyard. Last year, when they were going on vacation, they asked us to feed their dogs. I said okay because they really are good dogs. Hell, it's not their fault that their owners are brain-dead. While feeding their dogs & cleaning up their yard I was blown away from at least 50 "land mines". What a effing JOKE!. Obviously, the dog's feces are RARELY cleaned up. On a warm day their yard smells so bad I can't play with OUR dogs in OUR backyard due to the STENCH coming from their backyard. We have lived next-door to these people for 4 years. Last year, Doooh - they effing got ANOTHER dog to abuse. My heart can't take it anymore. So today I called the animal cruelty hotline... If he comes over here to give me $hit I'm going to pull him in my house, shut the door & kick his ass. I don't want to go to jail, nor do I need "drama".
But I can't take the bullshit anymore. We have two dogs of our own - their family - complete with doggy door and access to our house & backyard.

Today I called the animal cruelty center and left a message - but - they haven't called us back.
Check out their dogs living conditions. BTW - No shelter...
I'm soooo pissed!!! Why have dogs if you don't care for them???
d7n7master
Another effing pic of their backyard. I want them to put wheels on their house & move it to a trailer-park. That's what they are: TP trash.
d7n7master
Just a 'lil comparison. Our backyard, my beautiful wife & Bingo & Lucky.
elwood-914
That's a tough call. I love dogs but many think they are dumb and disposable. They alwasys love to see you unlike an soon to be ex-wife wife or grown kids. I have 2 and if I had $$ or the time I would have more.
morph
Looks pretty neglected to me. You did the right thing, but I am not sure if anything will be done about it, because there are much more severe cases out there that they are probably dealing with. If neighbor guy comes over for a confrontation, be sure to keep the conversation calm and make him feel guilty about the way his dogs are being treated.

HIEDI
morph
I want to vomit just looking at his yard. IPB Image I can almost smell the stench through his computer. There is even crap on his patio. Don't tell me that they actually go back there themselves.

HIEDI
d7n7master
I understand. I've seen much worse animal abuse on Animal Planet: Collars embedded in the dog's neck, freezing cold, no food/water, physical abuse...
Somehow that just doesn't make me feel any better IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
When it's nextdoor to your own backyard & your dogs are crying at the fence that separates our yards, it really hits home.
Ohhhh, guess what, as I was typing - the animal police JUST SHOWED UP!!! WooHoo!!! IPB Image
Allan
That is a really tough call on the animal control people. Usually the criteria is that you have to provide food, water and shelter. I don't know about feces removal unless it is creating a health hazard. My guess is they will determine that as long as they are fed (by you) and have water (they will probably decide the patio is enough shelter) everything being done is permissable under the law. I think it sucks IPB Image but the law usually sides with the owner. IPB Image
d7n7master
I'm feeling better already. Animal Police are in their backyard!!! Same day as reported!!!
I only wish it was a "HOT" day. The smell of their yard on a hot day is unbearable.
These dogs have to walk, sit, and lay in their own feces everyday of their (almost..) lives. The patio can't be considered shelter when its covered in SHIT, can it???
I know I did the RIGHT thing calling it in, but now I have to watch out for these pieces-of-shit trying to retaliate for my inability to withstand their lack of care for their dogs.
BTW - There are NO bad dogs. Just bad owners. If your not going to give your dogs love & respect - don't have dogs. IPB Image IPB Image
Peace Out. Gary
Allan
Better to err on the side of what is right. I would have done the same thing. I hope it works out.
d7n7master
Well, I was watching out the window as animal control pulled up & damn if they didn't give a women a ticket for walking her dogs without a leash - BEFORE - they knocked on my nextdoor neighbors door. That kind of sucked. Her (the dog walker) dogs are awesome! She's a good neighbor & her dogs are well trained. They don't need a leash, they're well behaved, groomed, & she was pushin' her baby in a stroller...
I guess timing's everything once more. IPB Image

But, I'd do it again, and I'll do it again & again if they don't cleanup after their dogs, provide shelter (it's about to rain for 3 days) and provide CLEAN WATER & FOOD!!!

I really want to put a collar on the "owners" neck & put him outside on the side of his house with his dogs for say - 3 days. That should do it!!!

A life changing experience??? Oh yeah!!! IPB Image
d7n7master
IPB Image
I'm still pissed. We try to be good neighbors. We don't complain about loud music, or parties that get a 'lil loud. We even get invited... & we went a couple of times.
It just doesn't matter. You can't buy my friendship with a couple of shots of tequila.

Treat your animals with love & respect & I'll KNOW if your worth my time... don't & I'll know that too. Call me when your car has broken down, hehehe - F-you the same way you F-your dogs.
G
Allan
QUOTE (d7n7master @ Dec 26 2004, 05:46 PM)

Treat your animals with love & respect

YEP!!! IPB Image For those of you that don't IPB Image
d7n7master
They just took down the plywood baracade that kept the two dogs on the side of the house. Doooh - And he's got his son cleaning up dog shit RIGHT NOW.
Guess animal cops offered a few "suggestions"!!!

Now my wife is pissed @ me. Not that she thinks I was wrong to report animal abuse, but that she thinks they're gonna know it was us that complained. I told her that the neighbors on-the-other-side of their house had complained about the stench to me weeks ago. So it can't just be me that they think turned in their scum ass's. Or is that ASSES???
Whatever. I'm feeling fine & God knows I did the right thing.
Happy & a (less smelly) New Year to all you teener lovers!!!
Teener lovers love our pooches too IPB Image
Qarl
You did the right thing. Even if they improve only 10%, it'll be better for the dogs somewhat.

If you want animals, but not the responsibility, then you don't deserve to have animals.

Problem is, that any idiot can get a dog. Some of those same idiots don't spay or neuter their dog and let them roam free to make more unwanted dogs.

It always sadden me when I visit the pound to adopt a new pet and see all of the unwanted (and completely loveable) animals piled up there.
d7n7master
We were full-on happy at Christmas. Family & friends together. But then, we were at my daughters house in San Diego & my grandsons got a black lab puppy for Christmas that they named Arwen. They were soooo happy & Arwen was soooo cute. Except for the baby teeth that I like to call needles... still, way shweet!!!
Our son-in-law is going to train Arwen to be a hunting dog. You can bet that Arwen will be socialized & trained & loved.
Maybe that was what sent me over-the-edge. IPB Image IPB Image
Joe Bob
That's BS....call the owner's first, give them a chance to do the right thing.....they blow you off.....then call the County....screwem... IPB Image
skline
They are really strict here in Costa Mesa about pets. No leash=ticket, you have to clean up after your dog even in your own yard, otherwise, big fines. If your dog barks and disturbs a neighbor, you get a warning and then a fine if it happens again. If your neighbor calls and says your dog is disturbing your peace and interfering with your lifestyle they get a warning and if it continues, they get fined again. 3 times and they will take your dog from you. The smell from your yard cannot effect your neighbor or the city will fine you. Like I said, they are really strict.
Elliot_Cannon
Sounds like he's neglecting his animals and abusing his neighbors. You get a dog, it's YOUR responsiblity to take care of it. It can't provide it's own food, water and shelter so it's up to the dogs owner. I lived next to some trailer trash in Long Beach for awhile and had to get after them to clean up after the dog because the smell wafted into my living room. If they don't clean up after the dog it is no longer an abuse or neglect issue. It now becomes a health issue and there are other county offices you can all in that case. Don't be afraid of reprisals. Do what you have to do.
Cheers, Elliot
campbellcj
QUOTE (d7n7master @ Dec 26 2004, 04:51 PM)
... damn if they didn't give a women a ticket for walking her dogs without a leash - BEFORE - they knocked on my nextdoor neighbors door. That kind of sucked. Her (the dog walker) dogs are awesome! She's a good neighbor & her dogs are well trained. They don't need a leash, they're well behaved, groomed, & she was pushin' her baby in a stroller...

FWIW the leash laws are as much for the dog's benefit as anything else. Many "well-trained" dogs will still sometimes take-off after a bird or squirrel or kid's ball and run in front of an oncoming car. Or go up to sniff another dog passing by and thereby instigate a fight, which could get them injured/killed. Or freak out a non-dog-person who might react badly and get bitten, hit/kick (or shoot, in some States) the dog, or whatnot.

Whenever I see people in city or even suburban settings letting their dogs walk off-leash, my first impression is that they are putting their dog, as well as surrounding people and animals at risk.

Anyways, I think it's a good thing that you reported your neighbors. Pet ownership means different things to different people, but they clearly seem "over the line" of proper decency and respect.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (campbellcj @ Dec 26 2004, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE (d7n7master @ Dec 26 2004, 04:51 PM)
... damn if they didn't give a women a ticket for walking her dogs without a leash - BEFORE - they knocked on my nextdoor neighbors door. That kind of sucked. Her (the dog walker) dogs are awesome! She's a good neighbor & her dogs are well trained. They don't need a leash, they're well behaved, groomed, & she was pushin' her baby in a stroller...

FWIW the leash laws are as much for the dog's benefit as anything else. Many "well-trained" dogs will still sometimes take-off after a bird or squirrel or kid's ball and run in front of an oncoming car. Or go up to sniff another dog passing by and thereby instigate a fight, which could get them injured/killed. Or freak out a non-dog-person who might react badly and get bitten, hit/kick (or shoot, in some States) the dog, or whatnot.

Whenever I see people in city or even suburban settings letting their dogs walk off-leash, my first impression is that they are putting their dog, as well as surrounding people and animals at risk.

IPB Image ya beat me to it IPB Image

mikez Posted on Dec 26 2004, 08:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's BS....call the owner's first, give them a chance to do the right thing.....they blow you off.....then call the County....screwem...

Also IPB Image if ya (semi) know them knock on the door with a couple beers, hand one over & say "hey, yer dog shit stinks want help cleaning it up???" Keeping the peace is half the battle (but what do I know, I yell at contractors that try to rip me off).....

.....b
boxstr
So your driving behind a pickup truck that has dog in the bed, paceing from side to side and occasionally looks out the back. Something spooks the dog and it jumps out he back of the truck, you stomp on the brakes, but it's to late. Who do you think the pickup driver is going to want punch. I think this should be included in the leash law, animals in the back of vehicles should be on a tether or leash of some type to keep them from jumping out of that vehicle.
CCLINPETCO
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (boxstr @ Dec 26 2004, 11:30 PM)
So your driving behind a pickup truck that has dog in the bed, paceing from side to side and occasionally looks out the back. Something spooks the dog and it jumps out he back of the truck, you stomp on the brakes, but it's to late. Who do you think the pickup driver is going to want punch. I think this should be included in the leash law, animals in the back of vehicles should be on a tether or leash of some type to keep them from jumping out of that vehicle.
CCLINPETCO

It is but only a few cops do anything about it.....

The Law in Oregon

Oregon Revised Statute 811.200 prohibits carrying a dog on an external part of a vehicle unless the dog is protected by framework, carrier, or other devise to keep the dog from falling from the vehicle. This offense is considered a Class D traffic violation.

Class D Infractions - Maximum fine $142.00

....b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.