Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Push Rods ....New
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ok,
I'm new to this type 4 stuff and have search but could not find what I think reliable info.
So to the well respected engine builders here - are there step by step YouTube / instructions of how properly " make" new push rod tubes.
Thanks in advance for your input.
scotty b
tubes or push rods ? You don't MAKE the tubes, you buy them new. If you're referring to the push rod itself when setting rocker geometry, then you can search here. It has been covered many times
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 23 2013, 05:22 PM) *

tubes or push rods ? You don't MAKE the tubes, you buy them new. If you're referring to the push rod itself when setting rocker geometry, then you can search here. It has been covered many times

Yes, push rod. I attempted the search function.. No luck
Java2570
Here is a good link from Van's engine build that shows an example of making custom pushrods for your engine:

http://www.ephotomotion.com/914engine/page28.html
QUOTE(Java2570 @ Nov 24 2013, 08:50 AM) *

Here is a good link from Van's engine build that shows an example of making custom pushrods for your engine:

http://www.ephotomotion.com/914engine/page28.html

Thanks, I did review Van's posting. I guess my question deals with the best angles for the rods. Shoot for 90 degrees at full lift? Logically I think that would be best. I'm I on right track! Thanks
Java2570
I would search and read as much as you can on valve geometry setup as it's a pretty precise and time consuming part of the engine build. I know it's been talked about here a lot......hopefully you'll get some more experienced builders chiming in but I
think that you have to look at half lift and full lift to make sure the angle is consistent.
Dave_Darling
Do a search on "rocker arm geometry". There are at least a couple of threads that go through the process of measuring what length your pushrods should be; some of them talk about how to press the new ends into the rod stock after cutting them to length.

--DD
stugray
If you cannot find Jake's valve geometry setup documentation online, that might be due to him shutting down his online forums. (Search "Jake Raby" +"valve train geometry")

I could provide you the documentation, but would want Jake's permission first.
IF you bought the parts from Jake, then I imagine I could give the instructions without irritating anyone.
QUOTE(stugray @ Nov 24 2013, 11:35 AM) *

If you cannot find Jake's valve geometry setup documentation online, that might be due to him shutting down his online forums. (Search "Jake Raby" +"valve train geometry")

I could provide you the documentation, but would want Jake's permission first.
IF you bought the parts from Jake, then I imagine I could give the instructions without irritating anyone.

Found Jake's Youtube posting..I tried searching on this site ,but was unsuccessful.
Thanks all.

Update; Just viewed Jake's Youtub posting..Looking like I'm going to order a new of larger rocker shaft and nuts.

Update, I attempted to purchase a few items from Jakes site...but I'm a little baffled.
My order was for $56.00 and UPS ground shipping was close to $50.00 -sad.gif. I think there's some error there for cost of maybe max 2 lbs shipping...does any one know if he charges a % of the sales or ??
VaccaRabite
Call his store. They will sort it out.

Zach
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Nov 25 2013, 12:25 AM) *

Zach

Well called them thus morning. They are aware that online store shipping calculation is off...and they sort it out- later ? Also rocker 8 mm rocker studs are back order even though you can order. Anticipated replacements will most likely be in Jan 2014.
r_towle
QUOTE(396 @ Nov 25 2013, 09:42 AM) *

Zach

Well called them thus morning. They are aware that online store shipping calculation is off...and they sort it out- later ? Also rocker 8 mm rocker studs are back order even though you can order. Anticipated replacements will most likely be in Jan 2014.

http://www.europeanmotorworks.com/vw/type-...s-pushrods.html
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 25 2013, 06:52 AM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Nov 25 2013, 09:42 AM) *

Zach

http://www.europeanmotorworks.com/vw/type-...s-pushrods.html

Done, I should have looked there first as they are local.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.