Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another productive weekend.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
I almost completed the paint removal in the engine compartment. Prior to today, I had removed the paint and glue from the upper firewall section. Today, I removed the paint from the lower section, the passenger side and the rear section. The red strip is the paint in the c-section where the engine rubber goes, I won't be removing this as it will be hidden.
watsonrx13
Here's the rear section, looking up...
watsonrx13
Here's the passenger's side. I still have some minor paint, then the driver's side paint to remove. Here you can see the battery tray and rear suspension ear that I have already replaced. I'll need to wait until it warms up enough to begin painting the engine compartment, rear trunk and finally the passenger compartment.
Jeroen
nice going!!!
there's something sexy about naked metal IPB Image
Trekkor
Nice progress shots.

I'll be doing something, "similar" fairly soon.

KT
watsonrx13
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Dec 26 2004, 07:33 PM)
nice going!!!
there's something sexy about naked metal IPB Image

Yea, but this has age spots.... IPB Image IPB Image
watsonrx13
QUOTE (trekkor @ Dec 26 2004, 07:43 PM)
Nice progress shots.

I'll be doing something, "similar" fairly soon.

KT

KT, thanks. It has taken me about 10-12 hrs to completely strip the rear trunk, 10-12 hrs to strip the passenger compartment and 20-30 hrs to strip the engine compartment. Now, when I say strip, I mean completely remove the seam-sealer, tar, glue and paint.

Good luck with your project and expect to take at least twice as long as you expect, but take the time and do it right... IPB Image
Brando
Did you use chemical remover or abrasive media?
watsonrx13
QUOTE (Brando @ Dec 26 2004, 08:12 PM)
Did you use chemical remover or abrasive media?

Aircraft stripper...works very well, but it was a little slow today since it was below 50 deg when I started. I have found that it doesn't work too well if it's too hot either, ie, above 90 deg...
Allan
Nice looking work!!! I think that if my car has half that much done by February I will be doing great! It looks really good. IPB Image
Gint
Looking good Rob! You're getting there.
Chris Julian
Nice job. I spent a lot of time on my engine compartment and it never looked that good. Be sure to rinse that remover off well before you paint. And paint soon, your car is naked to the elements.

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.