Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cpavlenko
where do I get a chrome plug/cap for tow hook hole on rear bumper huh.gif
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(cpavlenko @ Nov 24 2013, 12:52 PM) *

where do I get a chrome plug/cap for tow hook hole on rear bumper huh.gif

[url=http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/accessories.php?sec=Body&model=914 1970-76&subsec=Rear-Bumper/Trunk]AA Bumper Hole Plug[/url]
r_towle
Home Depot has stainless ones in the sink department
Jeffs9146
?? One more try
Jeffs9146
[url=http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/accessories.php?sec=Body&model=914 1970-76&subsec=Rear-Bumper/Trunk]AA Bumper Plug[/url]

I give up!

AA has them for $19.50!! av-943.gif
PanelBilly
I have a whole box of plugs that I got when I bought the contents of a shop. What size is the hole. I can't check mine because I had it filled in when it was re-chromed.
bigkensteele
Hardware aisle at Lowes. A 1" plugs fits just fine. It is zinc plated, not chrome, but it is a lot less than $19.50.
bigkensteele
Click to view attachment
Kaduku
The ones at the hardware stores are not chrome so they don't match up to the Chrome bumper so I got one from AA.
cpavlenko
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. 914World is the best for answering my issues. U guys are great. clap56.gif
pete000
I got one from AA. The fit was so poor it fell out. WTF.gif
dfelz
Home depot has chromed (could be zinc platted that looks like chrome, dont know dont care) hole plugs that match the bumper perfectly, and fitment is as good as it gets!

$2 instead of $19 and hassle

IPB Image

IPB Image

I am happy!
chads74
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 24 2013, 01:19 PM) *

Home Depot has stainless ones in the sink department

That's what I used also, can't remember what size.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.