Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear suspension does not rebound
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Seabird
Hey everyone, got a funny question today.

I spent a bit of yesterday looking over the new track toy and getting a good handle on the scope of work to get her track ready.

Something I found odd was the rear suspension does not rebound. I will get in the car and it compresses with the additional load. When I get out it does not uncompressed. I can pull up on the roll bar and it unloads.

Normally I would suspect tired springs. In this particular case I am hesitant to say this as the car has been in storage for five years and the springs were "supposedly" installed around that time.

Could this be due to binding trailing arms? Or binding shocks? Here is a pic of one of the assemblies:
IPB Image

They are Koni adjustable and unknown springs.

Regards,

Miguel
Van914
Trailing are bushings would be my guess. I changed mine to the Tarrett and the arm moves freely.
Big difference over stock

Van914
ChrisFoley
I've seen bad shocks cause that symptom, but as Van suggested, check the trailing arm bushings first. Stock or polygraphite may bind.
brant
I agree with the above.
pulling the trailing arms and checking/lubricating/ or replacing the bushings with a properly installed set will do wonders for "sticktion"

Seabird
Roger that gentlemen!

Seems this is a big subject for 914's. Was just doing a bit of reading on the subject, lol.

Regards,

Miguel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.