Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914work
Are the engine thermostat and shroud flapper assembly considered integral to providing heat to the cabin/ defrost systems, or are they only for directing air over the oil cooler??
dlee6204
No those are only for the warm-up of the engine.
Rand
The latter, which does matter.
sixnotfour
well I have a propane heater with a small bottle, and a thermostat, the 914 is warm and toasty, 0 warmup... I also have an electric heater un GRNMNEE instant warm....I also have a big ass alternator,
My heater is for bobcats and other contruction vehcles, mine is 30 amp and 50 amp draw.

http://dcthermal.com/catalog/sa12-2000
sixnotfour
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Nov 29 2013, 12:32 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 29 2013, 03:29 PM) *

well I have a propane heater with a small bottle, and a thermostat, the 914 is warm and toasty, 0 warmup... I also have an electric heater un GRNMNEE instant warm....I also have a big ass alternator,
My heater is for bobcats and other contruction vehcles, mine is 30 amp and 50 amp draw.

http://dcthermal.com/catalog/sa12-2000

Any photos of the install of the electric heater in GRNMNEE confused24.gif

It a square box 6”x 5” X 4” under the dash facing towards the back.. I have made a splitter box to run defrost and interior heat but not installed.
partwerks
How well does it warm up the cab?

Rand
QUOTE(partwerks @ Nov 29 2013, 09:26 PM) *

How well does it warm up the cab?

I'm betting you have a warmer car. Who cares in a 914? I found en electric solution for defrost that worked but it was fortified by rainx.

sixnotfour
considering its dry warm heat from the second you turn it on , it works very well, need to be ducted to defrost..
Dr Evil
Very interested. I am not wishing to go with a gas BN4 if I dont have to in the bus, but it is too cold to drive without defrost and some heat. How well do you think one of the SA12-2000 12 Volt Brushless Cab Heaters would put out for the front cabin of the bus? Is it appreciable? Ducting for my app would be pretty easy as all the vents are right there, like a wall in front of the driver.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.