Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Aaron, Who is top poster today?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I am quitting smoking and I need to release the frustration, Aaron seems handy to pick on. Working makes it a little easier since I cant smoke in here and I dont have any with me anyway. Nervouse tension, maybe I need to get laid.
iiibdsiil
I just quit smoking too. I am going crazy. I was at a friends house, and he goes "just smoke a cigarette so you shut the frick up!"

Good luck with it, this will be my 900th or so time quitting, although this time it is for good.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 26 2004, 10:02 PM)
maybe I need to get laid.

call SLITS, hes up for new things! IPB Image

why you gotta pick on me.... IPB Image

smoking: GOod for you Scott! IPB Image now take up drinking..... IPB Image
skline
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 26 2004, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 26 2004, 10:02 PM)
maybe I need to get laid.

call SLITS, hes up for new things! IPB Image

why you gotta pick on me.... IPB Image

smoking: GOod for you Scott! IPB Image now take up drinking..... IPB Image

Not a chance in hell on any of those. Slits is cool but he just isnt my type, Drinking is going from bad to worse. I will just be vice free hopefully. Last time I quit, I took up cigars and I think it was worse. I started up smoking again when I went to Mexico last year. I can feel the effect it is having on me so it is time to quit. I am wearing my christmas gift to myself right now, its a patch. It seems to be working except I have this minor nervous tension, fidgity or whatever you want to call it. I need to be doing something with my hands or something.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 26 2004, 10:11 PM)
It seems to be working except I have this minor nervous tension, fidgity or whatever you want to call it. I need to be doing something with my hands or something.

give your Boyfriend a backrub IPB Image
skline
I got your boyfriend hanging!!!!
JB 914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 26 2004, 09:12 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 26 2004, 10:11 PM)
It seems to be working except I have this minor nervous tension, fidgity or whatever you want to call it. I need to be doing something with my hands or something.

give your Boyfriend a backrub IPB Image

Hey Scott,

Why don't you come over and "marinate" a chicken. They we can save it for Aaron at the next BBQ IPB Image
rick 918-S
Get some Ludens Honey Cough drops. Then switch to an other flavor when those don't seem to be doing the trick. Buy some Ricola's. (hey ha ha rick ollah's) Those are natual type cough drops. They'll help keep your mind off the habit. Worked for me.
Chris Julian
Hey Scott,

I make you a deal. You stop smoking at leastt until the 2005WCC and I guarantee to get my car there. I'll even let you drive it around Willow Springs. Not that it's that special or anything, I just want you to stop smoking. I've had alot of friends that struggled for many years and maybe a little incentive is all you need? Oh yea, and Britney....

Chris
Gint
Scott, there's only one way to quit smoking. BTDT

Throw 'em out and work your ass off. Stay busy constantly. Without those stupid patches, your body will get rid of 90% of the nicotine (and subsequently the killer withdrawal symptoms) in 5-8 days. Trying to wean yourself from it for months with those patches works for some people I guess, but all that time your still addicted. So the prolonged time frame just makes it harder. Get rid of it all and get it over with quick. As long as you're really comitted, you'll feel much better in a week. It's a major accomplishment too.

PM me if you want. I have more insight for you if you're interested.
skline
Well, my family and friends are all pushing for me to do it and stick with it this time. I actually think I am doing ok at this point. Its about 12:30 and I am finishing up a computer reload and heading off to bed. The garage still smells like smoke but I think it will go away in time. I knew there was a reason I never smoked in the house. With all the support from here and the people I work with, I think I will be able to quit. If I get pissy with some of you, be patient as it will pass and I dont really mean anything bad I might say. So, in short, I appologize for anything I may say or do over the next few weeks that is out of character. Just trying to cover my bottom end.
Mrs. K
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 26 2004, 09:02 PM)
I am quitting smoking and I need to release the frustration, Aaron seems handy to pick on. Working makes it a little easier since I cant smoke in here and I dont have any with me anyway. Nervouse tension, maybe I need to get laid.

Here are a few tips I found on the internet that might help you, Scott IPB Image !

Within 20 minutes: Blood pressure and pulse rate return to normal

By 8 hours: Nicotine and carbon monoxide levels in blood reduce by half and oxygen levels return to normal

By 24 hours: Carbon monoxide will be eliminated from the body and the lungs begin to clear out mucus and debris

In 48 hours: The ability to taste and smell greatly improves

After only 72 hours: Breathing becomes easier and the bronchial tubes begin to relax and energy levels increase Making it easier to get laid by Britney or someone else! (hehehehe)
In 2-12 weeks: Circulation improves (again making it easier to get laid!)
Within 3-9 months: Coughs, wheezing and breathing problems improve as lung function is increased by up to 10%

After one year: The risk of heart attack falls to about half that of a smokerIPB Image
Hope this helps!

Lisa IPB Image
skline
Well, that explains why I am hacking my lungs up right now. I didnt do this to get laid, the weight gain will no doubt hinder my sex life. I did it to stay alive. I never had a problem getting laid when I smoked. There are just too many other reasons to stop smoking.
Mrs. K
IPB Image Sounds like you're being tough and hanging
in there! Good for you.
Maybe you should get some of those cough drops that Rick suggested???
Keep up the good work! IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
markb
Good for you!! Marcie & I will be quitting on the 1st. Gonna use the patch and the pills. Getting past the "habit" stuff is the hardest. Last time I tried to quit I used a trick one of the "programs" taught me. Take a lot of really deep breaths very fast (get's the nicotine still in your lungs circulating), this helps with the cravings. They say to drink a LOT of water & try & stay busy. My best so far has been smoke free for 3 months. Gonna do it this time!
Jenny
Hi Scott IPB Image Good for you!

I've never been a smoker, but have heard from a lot of people it's sometimes an oral fixation thing. (shut up, guys!) Snack on carrots, pretzel sticks, chew gum, chew pencils. Sometimes it's as simple as keeping your hands and mouth busy. Good luck!!!

Jen
iiibdsiil
It is really hard getting out of the habit of going outside for a smoke, or when you are driving reaching for them and smoking, and right after you eat is usually the worst, at least for me it is.

And I agree with the oral fixation thing. When I am driving from Tampa to Ft. Lauderdale, all you wanna do is smoke because that is all you really can do in a car. It takes your mind off of the same old one hand on the wheel and eyes on the road.

I told myself that I will not eat more, I don't want the weight gain. I knew that when I quit smoking I would go back to Snickers bars and Sunkist, but I have been good so far.

My number one motivation to quit smoking was that I want to have kids and at least be able to see them grow up. I want to be able to spend time outside playing ball with them and stuff.
mattillac
keep yourself busy. it seems to help. i quit about 2 months ago, cold turkey. now, instead of nicotine, i'm hooked on those damn energydrinks. mostly rockstar cola. quitting sucks, especially when your drunk/drinking. IPB Image alcohol and tobacco go so well together. IPB Image

just stick with it. youll feel better after you cough all the shit up and out of your lungs. keep it up IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image go have a beer IPB Image
Mrs. K
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 27 2004, 07:27 AM)
Well, that explains why I am hacking my lungs up right now. I didnt do this to get laid, the weight gain will no doubt hinder my sex life. I did it to stay alive. I never had a problem getting laid when I smoked. There are just too many other reasons to stop smoking.

IPB Image You were the one who mentioned needing the release about getting laid!
I was just offering some friendly, humorous advice!
Maybe it is the withdrawal that is making you a bit
"sensitive" IPB Image
Sorry!
We are all just trying to help you!

Take care!

Lisa IPB Image
Elliot_Cannon
Here's a thought on how you can stay busy. Go out in the garage and get that damn car running!!! Good luck and good for you for giving up smoking. Thirty years of unfiltered Camels killed my Dad at age 67. He never got a chance to meet his Grandson.
Cheers, Ellliot
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Dec 27 2004, 02:47 PM)
Here's a thought on how you can stay busy. Go out in the garage and get that damn car running!!! Good luck and good for you for giving up smoking. Thirty years of unfiltered Camels killed my Dad at age 67. He never got a chance to meet his Grandson.
Cheers, Ellliot

i agree!!!

get to work old man IPB Image
DrifterJay
I wish I could quit smoking...no chance in hell right now.....I hate this place.... IPB Image
Meredith
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Dec 27 2004, 12:45 AM)
After only 72 hours: Breathing becomes easier and the bronchial tubes begin to relax and energy levels increase Making it easier to get laid by Britney or someone else! (hehehehe)

But little Miss Spears smokes, too.

Good job, Scott. You're making a great decision that will improve your health and save money (which you can use on your car). You've got my support!

-Mer
redshift
Quitters never win!

M
redshift
QUOTE (Jenny @ Dec 27 2004, 02:58 PM)
Sometimes it's as simple as keeping your hands and mouth busy. Good luck!!!

Jen

IPB Image

Idea One: Chew off your hands.

Idea Two: Drive around alot, and 'gesture' at/to other drivers until your nerves steady.

M
SLITS
QUOTE (redshift @ Dec 27 2004, 05:26 PM)
QUOTE (Jenny @ Dec 27 2004, 02:58 PM)
Sometimes it's as simple as keeping your hands and mouth busy. Good luck!!!

Jen

IPB Image

Idea One: Chew off your hands.

Idea Two: Drive around alot, and 'gesture' at/to other drivers until your nerves steady.

M

He doesn't have a car that runs on it's own, so your number 2 is OUT. Maybe he should just stand on a street corner gesturing and wait for the gunfire.
Rusty
QUOTE (DrifterJay @ Dec 27 2004, 05:27 PM)
I wish I could quit smoking...no chance in hell right now.....I hate this place.... IPB Image

Hi Jay,

If you think Kuwait sucks... well, you're in for a rude awakening. IPB Image

Enjoy the food in Kuwait!

Let us know when you get a real address, buddy!

-Lawrence
skline
I got my truck back and it runs just fine. I do drive around and make gestures at just about every idiot on the road. When it rains, they get even more stupid and do the craziest things. I just got home and only had to give the bird to one person. The rest were making gestures at me. I think the worst drivers out there are women in SUV's with a bunch of rambuncious kids in the back while she is on her cell phone. Very dangerous combination.
JB 914
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 27 2004, 06:23 PM)
I got my truck back and it runs just fine. I do drive around and make gestures at just about every idiot on the road. When it rains, they get even more stupid and do the craziest things. I just got home and only had to give the bird to one person. The rest were making gestures at me. I think the worst drivers out there are women in SUV's with a bunch of rambuncious kids in the back while she is on her cell phone. Very dangerous combination.

Lighten up there Francis......might need to put you on a Thorazine drip for a few days. IPB Image
Mrs. K
Francis???? IPB Image
I didn't know Scott went to Catholic School!

Lisa IPB Image
Sparky
I was up to 2 packs a day, then I quit cold turkey, discovered coffee. Then started smoking cigars with my cognac. Got up to one sometimes 2 cigars a day. You think cigs are expensive!!?? Then switched to home rollers IPB Image . Now I stick to just coffee. Much safer and lighter on my bank account.

Good Luck!!
Mike D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.