Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: would you trade a 1973 2.0 project for this car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crxnug
hi,. i have a 914 project, a 1973 2.0 rust free shell plus 95 % of all the parts,almost all new or original in gvery nice condition , engine will need new rings, shell is in bare metal, im looking to trade for a 1973 jensen interceptor 383 engine, everything works, just surface rust on frame, interior will need to be replaced as the leather seats show some age and the dash is cracked , paint is nice with just 3 bubbles on the hood,would you make the trade, without pics would you make this trade ? i will try to post some pics of the car
boxsterfan
Had to find a pic of an interceptor for that year to get a frame of reference.

I would keep the 914. I could be biased. dry.gif

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/1973-jensen-interceptor/
crxnug
jensen interceptors are somewhat rare as only 6408 were built, hand built at the Kelvin Way Factory in the UK, Designed in italy, motors was mopar, 383 p or a 440 six pac ,k trann6y was a TorqueFlite , car were very prone top rust so that 6408 would be a lot less now,

QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Nov 25 2013, 03:13 PM) *

Had to find a pic of an interceptor for that year to get a frame of reference.

I would keep the 914. I could be biased. dry.gif

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/1973-jensen-interceptor/

rick 918-S
Depends. If your looking to temporary stay from work that would do it. If you want a garage queen that you let sit until the brakes and seals dry up get the Jensen. If you want to drive a classic, Really drive a classis build the 914. If the shell is as rust free as you say your money ahead.
boxsterfan
Are you following heart or dollars here? What's the condition of the Jensen?

Could be a good trade on the dollars side.....you can always get another 914 although 95% rust free chassis are harder to find for a project.

http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/HVT/...port?vc=1330639

Katmanken
I dunno.

Always liked the Jensen. Used to be one in Indalantic Fla that I would walk by and lust after. Pretty low car, lots of front and rear room, large greenhouse and a big ass US V-8 engine.

Rear drive or FF 4 wheel drive?
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Katmanken @ Nov 25 2013, 08:31 PM) *

I dunno.

Always liked the Jensen. Used to be one in Indalantic Fla that I would walk by and lust after. Pretty low car, lots of front and rear room, large greenhouse and a big ass US V-8 engine.

Rear drive or FF 4 wheel drive?

Drove a FF once in the early 80's
A Jeep without the good looks.
cpavlenko
I'm pretty sure the Jensen Interceptors were rear wheel drive, live axle. My buddy had one with the 440. it was fast, and ate lots of fuel...
r_towle
Why did the British car industry ever happen?
damesandhotrods
No way. I might have done that back in the 80s but not today. Take a long look at parts availability and prices. And don’t forget to investigate the quality of the available parts. Take a look at window seals, switches, and all the little things that wear and break. It’s not like 914s were you can pretty much order anything you need and have it overnighted to you.
Drums66
.....$'sDollars$'s or Sense? poke.gif
flag.gif bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.