Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Smart Start CD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I am out working on a clients server and I just installed a new 64bit SCSI card for the external tape drive library and I need the stupid CD to run the setup to get it to recognize the card. I have several but they are at home. Anyone have any suggestions? Looks like I will be back here again on another night to finish this installation up. That means I will have to bill them more hours. Thats too bad being this close to the end of the year and all and the end of the month. Oh well, such is life.
Gint
Compaq or the SCSI card vendor's web site and search for drivers.

Re-read the subject line. You mean the Compaq Smart Start CD I assume. Compaq's web site have an ISO image available?
skline
Well, I am home now and will just go back tomorrow night with a CD and load the start up configuration. The older Compaq servers require the CD to add and remove hardware. This is an old Proliant 5500 quad XEON server. I can use the hours anyway so its not a big deal.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Gint @ Dec 26 2004, 11:20 PM)
Compaq's web site have an ISO image available?

IPB Image

if you can go online from wherever you are, you can download the smartstart stuff as a standalone app as well. don't have to burn a CD, just download and install and run. it'll do the same (install drivers and such) without the need for a CD ...

IPB Image Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.