Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1975 914-6 conv - 2.8 rs motor build, 911 front
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
kovian
For sale is my 1975 914-6 conversion. $15250. This is a tale of one thing leading to another until it finally got to where you see it. When looking for upgraded suspension parts I met a seller who also had a 2.7 engine and a pair of webers in his shop that I couldnt pass up. Next I went looking for an oil tank. I considered a number of options but was finally able to find an original factory 6 tank. As it turned out the same guy had also collected all the other factory bits needed for a six conversion. At this point I had no choice...

We immediately tore down the motor to see what we were dealing with. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the top end was fresh. John Forbes in NC did the work and built up the motor into a 2.8 with dual webers and a new MSD ignition similar to his race car builds. We put all fresh factory plug wire with grounded shields and went through the Webers and made sure that all jets were clear and correct. I was running mechanical tensioners for a while and have recently updated to oil fed.

For the conversion i used the the following-

Factory 914-6 OE parts used include: oil tank, transmission, headers, engine sheet metal, oil lines, throttle linkage.

The motor is a 2.7 that was built up to 2.8 when changing out the pistons. Cams were also changed and all case inserts checked. With the higher compression I went ahead and installed a high torque starter as well.

Shift linkage was modified to work with tranny and clear headers. Bushings were replaced and any little issue addressed.

Front Suspension, brakes, steering and torsion: complete from 74 911S
Rear Suspension: 180lb springs over Konis.

The muffler is an older 911, 2 in 1 out muffler that does all it can to keep this thing sounding civilized. The is no mistaking that this is no longer the 1.8.

The wheels are from a 2002 Boxster S. I installed fiber flares using stainless cap screws on the rear of the car to fit the 255s (barely) while the fronts fit onto the 911 hubs with out need of any modification. They do rub but only at very near full lock. The tires could stand to be replaced (go figure..)

Steering wheel is a 70s 911 wheel that has been recently recovered.

The interior is very clean with no cranks in either seat or arm rest. The dash has the typical crack at the ashtray.

The car has an older respray that is cracking in a few area. Black hoods and fenders were my doing when doing the side indicator delete. Windshield wipers dont work but it doesn't rain in SoCal so never been an issue for me or something that I have tried to fix. There are certainly things that could be done to improve the appearance of the car, but I am not sure how much more you could do to make it much quicker. This thing is a blast

I am happy to send more pics to those that are interested. Car is located near San Diego. Please send a PM for any more details or specific pictures. Thanks.
carnitasboy
PM sent.
carnitasboy
Shoot... forgot to ask how many miles on the engine.
puffinator
QUOTE(carnitasboy @ Dec 2 2013, 09:39 PM) *

Shoot... forgot to ask how many miles on the engine.

How about pictures of the typical rust areas - battery box and below, trunks without carpet, underside of car.
kovian
Here are pictures of the car that are being requested. Please PM any additional questions. Thanks
kovian

Bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.