Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: need PHP help ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
sooooo, i'm trying to use some Session Variables of my own to keep track of stuff inbetween pages.

i'm using:

$_SESSION['myCar'] = "Yellow?";

it works great while i'm on the same page, i can also reload/refresh that page or link to itself with different parameters and the variable is still good,

BUT

as soon as i lieave the page to go to the next page, all Session Variables are lost!
IPB Image

the "next page" is on the same webserver, same browser window, blah blah, there should be *NO* reason why i'm loosing those values ...

anyone any ideas here ???
IPB Image Andy
datapace
Do you have a session.save_path set up? Does the diirectory exist and does the webserver have permission to read/write?

Is session.use_cookies set on and if so, do you have cookies enable (simple I know, but it would keep it from working). Moot if you're passing the session ID in the URL.

Is session.auto_start set to true?

-bryan
SirAndy
Do you have a session.save_path set up?  Does the diirectory exist and does the webserver have permission to read/write?

yes, path is valid and webserver has read/write access ...

Is session.use_cookies set on and if so, do you have cookies enable (simple I know, but it would keep it from working).

yes, it's on and cookies are enabled ...

Moot if you're passing the session ID in the URL.

yes, i use PHPSESSID ...

Is session.auto_start set to true?

yes ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.