Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just when I get started again .........
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
David_S
I havent been in the mood to do anything with my '73 for a few years. I have finally gotten the itch back to get it finished over the last 6 months or so. I have had my left arm in a cast for 8 weeks now after a boo-boo at work (had a 200 lb tractor hood slam shut on it). Went in for a check-up yesterday and this is the x-ray from that check up. As of right now, it looks like I get to have a plate put in on Dec. 6th. Damn the luck ........... I am still going to tinker when I can with what little bit I can which probably wont be much !! Just had to vent !!!!!!!!!!!!!
ConeDodger
David,
Sorry about that. Your X-ray is upside down. blink.gif on the plus side, once the stitches heal and you do some PT to strengthen that forearm and hand, you're healed.

Odd that no healing occurred at all though... dry.gif
David_S
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 28 2013, 11:02 AM) *

Odd that no healing occurred at all though... dry.gif

No joke !! I guess that drinking milk and taking calcium pills didnt really help that much. If anything, this xray looks worse than the original from October !!!
rick 918-S
You better take care of that break! 8 weeks and no healing is kind of weird. The car can wait another 8 weeks after they pin that thing.
rhodyguy
that had to hurt big time.
Dr Evil
Very odd. That looks like a new ulnar fracture...I dont see any new ossification around the parts that are touching, much less anywhere else. They did not feel that was odd? When it was casted, did they xray it to verify placement?
Bob L.
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 28 2013, 10:10 PM) *

Very odd. That looks like a new ulnar fracture...I don't see any new ossification around the parts that are touching, much less anywhere else.

I was thinking the same thing, like maybe your Dr. mixed up the before and after.
Good luck with that.
stugray
had a 200 lb tractor hood slam shut on it

I did that with my 914 a few weeks ago.
I dont have springs in the front and was working on the trunk latch when I knocked the support out.
Pretty sure it almost broke my arm as I was sick to my stomach (my personal sign that I broke a bone).

like maybe your Dr. mixed up the before and after.

I had a habit of breaking my hands in college.
The second time the doctor said that I broke my left hand in two places and showed me the xrays.

I took one down, turned it around and put it back in the viewer and said "nope that was last year and it was my right hand."
He felt pretty stupid & apologized.
David_S
It was broken on Oct 2nd. I seen the xrays as they pulled it up. I have a pic of the same break from Oct 4th. If I can find it, I will post it also. It really bothers me too that it hasn't tried to do anything !!
David_S
QUOTE(David_S @ Nov 29 2013, 01:18 AM) *

It was broken on Oct 2nd. I seen the xrays as they pulled it up. I have a pic of the same break from Oct 4th. If I can find it, I will post it also. It really bothers me too that it hasn't tried to do anything !!

Found it .... This is the xray from 2 days after I broke it !!Click to view attachment
euro911
QUOTE(David_S @ Nov 28 2013, 09:55 AM) *
... As of right now, it looks like I get to have a plate put in on Dec. 6th.
Wow, Merry Christmas santa_smiley.gif

Just be glad your x-ray didn't look like this

Click to view attachment

Bob L.
Maybe the angle is different but the Fx looks more jagged on the "Before" shot.

My Dad had a non healing Fx of the collar bone. The Dr. used low volt electrical stimulation to promote bone union/healing. Weird little device. It helped.
rick 918-S
It looks even more displaced in the second x-ray. You have been working with that arm haven't you. Now you get to have a pin. Don't work with that arm until it heals now.
David_S
I haven't done any work at all with it other than buttoning a shirt . They put me in a long cast for 4 weeks and then in a short cast for 4 weeks. There was no xray in between the 2 different casts. I think that the movement with the short cast was to much too soon !! They took xrays when I went Tuesday and that is the xray in the original post. I tried to get the Dr to plate it Oct bit he said that it should graft back together..... And here we are now !! There has been a little pain but not much !! It will be better soon !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.