Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: quick H-EX question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
I know the muffler and the exhaust hanger are different but they should have the same head bolt pattern right? One can bolt a 2.0 exchanger to a 1.7 head?
jwalters
IPB Image in a word: "YES!" cheers IPB Image
thesey914
IPB Image I love this forum.
Went to grab a cold one and there was an answer waiting for me. Reason I ask is I'm putting a 2 in 1 out 911/914-6 banana muffler on the end of my heat ex.
the 1.7 are spaced too widely whereas the 2.0 and the six share the same hanger.
I will weld some six flanges (with a minor bit of fabricating) to the end of my (when I find some) 2.0 HE and mate then up.
I have seen this done on another four and it sounded really nice.
jwalters
QUOTE (thesey914 @ Dec 27 2004, 12:23 PM)
IPB Image I love this forum.
Went to grab a cold one and there was an answer waiting for me. Reason I ask is I'm putting a 2 in 1 out 911/914-6 banana muffler on the end of my heat ex.
the 1.7 are spaced too widely whereas the 2.0 and the six share the same hanger.
I will weld some six flanges (with a minor bit of fabricating) to the end of my (when I find some) 2.0 HE and mate then up.
I have seen this done on another four and it sounded really nice.

IPB Image Keep us apprised of your work, pics when able would be awesome--good luck! IPB Image
Root_Werks
IPB Image This does sound cool. I would also love to see some pics and hear your thoughts after you are done with everything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.