Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auto Meter Pro-Control Rev Limiter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toadman
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Is anyone using the Auto Meter Pro-Control rev limiter unit on a stock fuel injected 1976 914? How about on a stock FI car with a Pertronix Ignitor points replacement unit in the distributor? I am currently using a Pertronix Ignitor points replacement unit and the Bosch rev limiting rotor with a rev limit close to 5800 rpm.

The mechanic that rebuilt my 2.0 liter engine says he is confident that I can go to 6200 - 6400 rpm for short periods without damaging the engine. The car is autocrossed and used for DEs during the summer and there are times when I am hitting the rev limit but I want just a little more speed before the next maneuver.

Anyone have any experience with these units in said applications?

Thanks
Mike Bellis
This type of limiter typically is installed inline with the coil trigger and interrupts the signal when a programmed level is reached.

I don't think you will have an adverse effect on the FI system since the 914 uses a primitive ignition system.
Mark Henry
No point in over revving the stock engine, it's run out of legs by the time it hits 5800rpm anyways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.