Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifting issues, 2nd and 4th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
Just been driving after an engine build and install, and having trouble hitting 2nd and 4th. Lots of popping it of gear. Not all the time, but often. Double clutching is sometimes a help. Bushings o my tailshifter linkage are all pretty new, just 8000 miles. Played with the shifter adjust with very limited success.

Is my tranny the issue? What else to try?
Cap'n Krusty
It's not going far enough into gear. Adjust the fore and aft movement of the shift rod between the seats.

The Cap'n
jeffdon
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 30 2013, 11:14 PM) *

It's not going far enough into gear. Adjust the fore and aft movement of the shift rod between the seats.

The Cap'n

Thanks! Kinda thought so and was trying to just slide the shifter back. Forgot about that particular coupling.
jeffdon
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 30 2013, 11:14 PM) *

The Cap'n

And that did the trick! THANKS

driving.gif
Cap'n Krusty
My pleasure! That's why I'm here. Well, that and to harass people who need it ................

The Cap'n
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 1 2013, 04:40 PM) *

My pleasure! That's why I'm here. Well, that and to harass people who need it ................

The Cap'n

Ya tongue.gif

rohar
<edit> Dangit, I posted in the wrong thread again. There went my self esteem, again.
jeffdon
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 1 2013, 01:40 PM) *

The Cap'n

I bow humbly to you sir!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.