Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got tired of the gaping holes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I got tired of the holes in my bumper and since I was ordering another batch of laser cut metal, I drew up some new grilled based on stock grills. Rib spacing and size is right off the original piece and even the corner sections are just like stock. I'm totally happy with how they turned out. These were made from mild steel for testing and then 'chrome' powder coated.

I don't think there's any interest in these for purchase, since Mark914Rubber makes OE Style Fog Light Grills for less than these would cost. But these are OE for my early car (never had fog lights) and being original makes my car unique (and confirms I'm a little crazy). piratenanner.gif
Mike Bellis
Like! wub.gif
SirAndy
thumb3d.gif
ConeDodger
biggrin.gif That'll work!
Starlack
looks good...
gothspeed
Looks good but without the lights, they kinda remind me of this:

Mike Bellis
When's the group buy? confused24.gif
McMark
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 1 2013, 12:47 PM) *

Figured most people had diving/fog lights.
rick 918-S
Nice smile.gif
balljoint
I like it. But then, I am biased. Non-appearance group body colour bumpers. smile.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 1 2013, 01:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 1 2013, 12:47 PM) *

Figured most people had diving/fog lights.

What about the rest of us?
Krieger
Looking good!
flash914
My 70 had the lights behind the bar type grill. They were busted so I got a used set with the light holes Gordon
sixnotfour
how about a bumper top ??
Spoke
Those are really nice looking.
McMark
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 1 2013, 05:23 PM) *

how about a bumper top ??

You offering. poke.gif
7TPorsh
very nice. some of us do have lights behind the grills...
914Timo
I like too. Very nice idea. I like this kind of OE look, but totally custom made parts wub.gif aktion035.gif
stugray
Very nice!

I might be interested in a set since my oil coolers sit right behind those holes now under the headlight buckets.
Why steel instead of Aluminum?
And I have a front bumper top that is in a lot better shape than that one wink-wink-nudge-nudge
boxsterfan
QUOTE(stugray @ Dec 2 2013, 12:52 PM) *

Very nice!

I might be interested in a set since my oil coolers sit right behind those holes now under the headlight buckets.
And I have a front bumper top that is in a lot better shape than that one wink-wink-nudge-nudge

Do you have pics of your oil cooler install? Or a thread that you created on it?

Curious to see the install, specs of coolers, results, etc...
stugray
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=56102

You were the last person to comment on that thread ;-)
boxsterfan
QUOTE(stugray @ Dec 2 2013, 02:13 PM) *

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=56102

You were the last person to comment on that thread ;-)

LOL!! I see that now!! So how did it all end up? Good? Bad/Not worth the effort?
McMark
The grills have a curve to them. I got that curve using a technique that involves a BFH. smash.gif I'm not sure aluminum would stand up to that. Plus aluminum should be anodized to protect the finish. I'm not 100% my guy can cut 1/4" aluminum, although I bet he can. And finally, I had steel on my mind when I drew this up. laugh.gif

I might be interested in a set since my oil coolers sit right behind those holes now under the headlight buckets. And I have a front bumper top that is in a lot better shape than that one wink-wink-nudge-nudge
There's a good chance I'll make a few of these. I'll keep you posted and I might be interested in the bumper top.
RickS
So who exactly are you calling a gaping hole?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.