Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brazilian Turbo Audi
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DBCooper
Hey Mike and Andrew, check THIS out. 914's are really rare in Brazil, and here's one with a turbo Audi conversion, engine and transmission. They say 420 hp, and over 500 when the boost's turned up. (your experience may vary):

IPB Image

IPB Image

There's some funny slang that may not translate, like "Brabo Motorsport", translates "Angry Motorsports" and "Veneno", which is 'poison', but for cars means "hot rodded". If something doesn't translate well let me know. Cool car.
Mike Bellis
I've seen that car before in video. Pretty awesome for Brazil.
Mike Bellis
Very similar to my setup. 400hp is not hard to do with these motors. I still have a rear trunk. biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
So I watched the video again. I call BS on his 430hp (580hp with booster) solely based on his turbo choice. Looks like a stock style exhaust manifold with small turbo. No way can you get enough boost out of that turbo to his those numbers. The intercooler setup looks ineffective as well.

Looks like a Golf motor mounted to a 012 transaxle. The water outlet on the rear of the block and intake manifold is from a transverse engine.

Nice looking can and I'm sure a blast to drive!
Eric_Shea
Muinto legal.
krazykonrad
Nice ride! Both my '72 914 and '06 jetta have Audi markings in various places.
Konrad
Andyrew
Im going to agree with Mike that 430HP is a lofty claim. At least as displayed in the video

For starters, unless he has the boost dialed down in the lower gears or just for that video, It doesnt spin those tires at all.

It does have quite a bit of lag and seems to come in around 4k but that could be poor tuning. The physical size of the turbo isnt really going to be that big of a consideration, it is probably a GT2871 or GT3076. A GT3076 could make that power, but not the 2871.

Also that turbo doesnt sound like it is spooling a lot of boost, so, Im going to say that Yes it could be real numbers, but in the video? He's running about 300hp.
DBCooper
I'd never swear to the horsepower, of course, but the rest of the car is nice. And not just "for Brazil" either. They have quite a car scene there, their fab skills are good, and good taste in projects. It's where all those Pumas, Beck's 550 Spyder and the 356's come from, not to mention drivers, Fittipaldi, Senna, Piquet. A bunch of crazy Italians unchained.

I went to see somebody's 56 T-Bird, friend of a friend who'd heard I liked cars. It was beautiful. The man bought it as a neglected wreck with one fender smashed. Since there was no possibility of finding and buying another fender he MADE one, himself. The whole fender! I would never have known if he hadn't told me, it was perfect. And that's what's cool, they aren't looking at someone else's car and copying, using different combinations of the same bolt-on components, they're using ingenuity and skill to make up for the lack of other resources. It makes for some really interesting (and often admirable) vehicles. It's a cool place.

Mike Bellis
Maybe it's metric horse power numbers... beer.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Real Audis have a Lehman engine with 5 cylinders and a thousand horsepower ....................

The Cap'n
RickS
I wonder where they keep the Brazilian wax in that car?
Bills914-4
I like those 4 lug wheels smile.gif , anybody know anything about them , other then it's a Brazilian car & that their probably Brazilian wheels biggrin.gif , thanks Bill D.
Click to view attachment
Kraftwerk
Yes, strange wheel, maybe custom one-offs? Someone needs to add those wheels to the wheel archive. Hmm, Maybe i will do that now...
DBCooper
I don't recognize those, but wouldn't bother adding them. There are a MILLION different types down there, but few will ever show up here unless they're on a Puma, Chamonix, Envemo or such. Here, images from a search on Brasilian Yahoo for "rodas fusca liga" ('alloy bug wheels' to get aftermarket in the 4x130 pattern), and see what you get: HERE .

Too many to deal with and most not worth the bother anyway.
Chris Pincetich
awesome lookin 914 beerchug.gif

I like the "sharp" edges on the flairs.
My guess is those are 4x100mm wheels. Thousands of cool "modern" designs in that size to choose from. Just re-drill your 914 rotors and go crazy.

Black 914s rule, in any country! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.