Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stunning ??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
MarkV
Should be interestig to see if this sells.

Yellow 75 on Ebay
MarkV
Can't add a photo in edit mode?
Chris H.
Exterior is good for the most part.... the wood interior is a little much though.... that would be very easy to change.

Maybe not "stunning" but very clean.... a few changes and it might be...
Aaron Cox
was just about to post this! mad.gif jk....its even got an oil cooler next to the driveshaft! gotta give the guy some credit.....all it needs are some early style bumpers and thats about it biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
i dont like the body color rockers......doesnt look too good like that wink.gif
Qarl
Don't particularly care for the wooden interior and the gauges.

I also don't like the black trim on the sail panels, windows and windshield.

This could be a better car. Restore the interior to original and maybe we're talking.
Aaron Cox
why weber 40's on a 2.4l ? seems to be starved alittle on the powerside......i like the wheels....
it has konis on it.....

lets start guessing on howmuch it will sell for:

i say $6500
Curvie Roadlover
That is ONE BEAUTIFUL CAR! Sure, it's not gonna appeal to the purists, but you gotta appreciate the workmanship that went into the customizing. I believe it will go for more than $10,000 as well it should. Not to a CW, of course, but someone who wants a VERY nicely done custom car. I like the look of the blacked out chrome with the tinted windows.
boxstr
Rust may not be anything to worry about, but termites will or maybe carpenter ants.
CCLINWOODIEVILLE
MarkV
CCLINLUMBERYARD mueba.gif
URY914
Stunning?
What's stunning is WOOD door panels!!!
Give me a break! Did Bob Vila or Norm Abrams own that thing? Things were going along fine until I saw that.

These cars burn easy enough with out throwing wood on the fire.

Paul
anthony
This is going to be a tough sale.

Whoever buys it better watch out for the armor-all'd tire tread:

IPB Image
72Signal914
That whole front end needs to GO!!! Definately early style bumpers and fogs w/ the special edition spoiler NOT painted. That interior looks horrible. Granted to probably took a shit load of time but I would never do it. I'd rather have the carbon fiber look but not wood. Wood is for luxury cars not small racers. Very well done but still needs work before they show it.

PS- it probably did get shown, just the Porsche enthusiats laughed at him, seriously.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ May 26 2003, 05:30 PM)
That is ONE BEAUTIFUL CAR! Sure, it's not gonna appeal to the purists, but you gotta appreciate the workmanship that went into the customizing. I believe it will go for more than $10,000 as well it should. Not to a CW, of course, but someone who wants a VERY nicely done custom car. I like the look of the blacked out chrome with the tinted windows.

Totally agree, I'd take that car in a minute then I'd have a woody to match the interior smile.gif
Nice car... really wub.gif
bruce
Mueller
Stunning?? Parts of it smile.gif

I dig the color and Fuchs on it.

I'd say a better description would be Illegal for use and sale in California
(Webers)

They must have had a sale on Porsche Crests or he really, really needs to be reminded what kind of car it is tongue.gif
Chris H.
It's up to almost $8K. Someone must like it a lot!

Sure there are some odd cosmetic things, but I think it's cool overall. I wonder what those little colored buttons or lights do on the console?
tod914
he definetly spent more than a few 100 on it. The paint has alot of orange peel to it sad.gif . Like the color though. a custom car is a hard sell
mskala
QUOTE(72Signal914 @ May 26 2003, 08:41 PM)
That whole front end needs to GO!!! Definately early style bumpers and fogs w/ the special edition spoiler NOT painted. ...

For the record, that's not the special ed spoiler, that's a FlexDam.
Aftermarket, but good, of course normally all black looks better.
Mark S.
'70 914-6
Elliot_Cannon
Yah Ok the wood is a bit much but it is a nice looking car. My only question is how do you smog this thing? It's a 75 rite?? Whatever you may thinkabout it, a lot of love went into this machine and I got to respect that. (The wood reminds me of a boat my friend restored years ago.)
Cheers, Elliot
bernbomb914
I like the painted rockers and valances. you purests nit pick any changes from stock. I think change is good as it gives the car your personalty if it makes you happy. I would give my eye teeth for seats like that.

Bernie driving.gif
Alexlitov
good parts car.
Qarl
Wood! barf.gif
ChrisReale
I think its a nice car.
I dont want it, or do I really like it though. I dont like the seats, I dont like the way the Tach and speedo are positioned, I dont like the wood, it is missing a cooling tin that covers the thermostat. Get rid of the late bumpers, and all those Porsche crests on hte calipers. Other than that, it is nice tongue.gif
Dave Cawdrey
I kinda dig the "blacked out" chrome. Check out the door handles...

Stealth ph34r.gif
vortrex
oh my god. $9600!?! could a 914 be any more ugly?
nomore4
Outside it looks cool!! I like the black trim and window chint but the interior is something else barf.gif . Needs a tiller for steering and a prop on the tranny tail. Said it was restored in to 80's so it could be worse. I'm surprised it does'nt have a big turbo tail ( J.D.??).
rhodyguy
ad reads like a novel. why install a breather and then use the carbs for draw off? think it comes with a bottle of old english for the wood trim?

kevin
Anton
It's overdone. The exterior is looks fine with nice polished Fuchses, but the psychedelic interior with an endless array of lights (looks like a Saturday Night Fever dancefloor wacko.gif ; and I have already seen that movie), yellow brake calipers, yellow sheath metal, and a complete Brazilian rain forrest transplant is just too much. Did I mention that it's overdone?
DrifterJay
Man that interior was painful..Can you imagine the splinters...Does it come with some kind of endangered species residing in it...It is a beautiful car on the outside with some well done custom touches. And I forgot who called it selling for 10g, but you were on the button..curious as to see if it goes higher...
Jared
Qarl
$10,500 already! Suckers! Probably some rice-loving Porsche-owner wanna be's.

"Hey, I bought this here Porsh (pronounced wrong of course) on E-bay"

Regards,

Karl
Lawrence
The exterior is nice... the interior isn't to my taste.

I really like the front trunk treatment. Is that carpet around the fuel tank some option that I've never seen before?

-Rusty
Brad Roberts
Interesting that the current high bidder lives 20-30 minutes away from the car (north).

I think 90% of the car was done pretty damn good. The wood door panels make me PUKE.. The reason for the large wood handle to pull the door closed... the power window setup goes on the outside of the door panel (old-school JC Whitney style) so.. they built this log cabin over the top of it to conceal the mechanism.

The dry rotted 008's have to go.. they Armor all'd them because they where cracked..LOL

It will never pass smog in Ca...which is why it had low mileage on it.. (they couldnt drive it without a illegal smog cert)

B
Ferg
ph34r.gif Rusty I agree with you, I like that piece around the gas tank. I've never seen it before either?? I am thinking about making one now for my car though. Ferg.
Anton
That custom fuel tank cover is about the only thing that doesn't scream in your face... But what about accessability to the brake fluid reservoir?
my15window
I like the kick panel custom speakers, cool idea
Mueller
Anton Posted: May 27 2003, 01:05 PM  
 ... But what about accessability to the brake fluid reservoir?

The carpeted cover just slips off, I have one very similar on my car.
Aaron Cox
wow, 10.5k and not meeting the reserve!
i like the wheels! is that engine a time bomb, being a bigbore? i like the carpet piece.....nice touch wink.gif
echansen
the yellow 914 is a bit much - rather cheesy, but whatever. To the forum, I'm in the process of buying my dad a 914 - at least looking for a good one. He is sick with cancer and loved his old 914 when I was a kid. I'm looking at a 1970 914, is the 1.7 ok (don't think it is a 2.0), the hp is very low, though this would be a extra car. Any suggestions or decent ones out there (in No. Cal). Anyway to get golf clubs - out of the bag - in the back? I want to get one for him soon. As a past MBZ and BMW driver, I got a Boxster now - damn great daily driver (have gone from CA to TX and back 2x also - long story)
Thanks
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(echansen @ May 28 2003, 02:18 AM)
the yellow 914 is a bit much - rather cheesy, but

Anyway to get golf clubs - out of the bag - in the back? I want to get one for him soon.

I lke the cheesy statement biggrin.gif

As for the golf clubs, I can get both, my wifes set and mine still in their bags in the rear trunk with room for a small cooler (beer), shoes, jackets & whatever.
Good luck on a good one.

My Bro-in-law is selling his 74 2.0. Body in pretty good shape but needs paint. Strong engine but smokes a little on deceleration. Needs a passenger cushion too. Has the fuchs & center console package and is all original. Drives nice.
bruce
Brad Roberts
Aaron,

If you read what he says... it blew up somewhere along the line and they built it again.

So.. to answer your question.. YES. It will not last.

B
echansen
Thanks for the info Bruce. Have a nice one
PorschePony
I like the carpeted cover in the front trunk which covers everything but the gas tank filler. That makes the front end alot cleaner! Is that custom part or available somewhere?
Andyrew
I think the overall car looks pretty good, although I think the interior could use some work, 1st thing to go would be the wood, then the 80's seats... Hehe, I love the tires, Have some one's on my car that arent going to last much longer..
Whats the deal on this cooler? is it a trani cooler? if its an oil cooler, its smaller than the stock one, am I right?

IPB Image

Anyways, the buyer will probably be a first time Porsche buyer, that really wants a 911, but decides on a 914 because its cheaper. More power to them, raise the value of our cars!
krk
QUOTE(Lawrence @ May 27 2003, 07:56 AM)
The exterior is nice... the interior isn't to my taste.

I really like the front trunk treatment. Is that carpet around the fuel tank some option that I've never seen before?

-Rusty

Rusty,

It's probably not stock.

But if you have a 914/6 owners manual, check out page 25 -- the section marked "Fuel Tank Filler Pipe". It appears to show a felt covered "cover" for the area around the filler, somewhat similar to the one in the picture. (I'll scan a pic tomorrow if I get a second) I asked about it once upon a time on rennlist, because I've never seen one. iirc, there were comments to the tune of "you can't actually believe what you see in the pics as they might be taken before the final options were settled on".

But I agree, it sure cleans up the front trunk nicely!

kim.
krk
So here's the piece from the drivers manual.

kim.
joea9146
Looks nice until you get to the interior..... barf.gif Maybe a Burl Walnut would have been the
way to go..... laugh.gif

Love those tires....
seanery
Andyrew,

look where the cooler is located. I don't see how it would do much good at all. It sits on top of the heat exchangers and looks to be touching at the bottom of the cooler. Also, look how it's mounted-2 tiny L brackets. I don't see anything at the bottom. That would need to be addressed post haste.
Lawrence
Rusty,

It's probably not stock.

But if you have a 914/6 owners manual, check out page 25 -- the section marked "Fuel Tank Filler Pipe". It appears to show a felt covered "cover" for the area around the filler, somewhat similar to the one in the picture. (I'll scan a pic tomorrow if I get a second) I asked about it once upon a time on rennlist, because I've never seen one. iirc, there were comments to the tune of "you can't actually believe what you see in the pics as they might be taken before the final options were settled on".

But I agree, it sure cleans up the front trunk nicely!

kim.

Metallic cobalt blue wasn't a stock color, and I didn't repaint my trunks when I painted my car. I have to decide how to deal with that eyesore - and a cover might be part of my answer. Looks to be made of matching material to the firewall. I wonder what kind of backing is on it.

-Rusty
Neal
No matter what people might think individually there was a sh*# load of work done to this car and and I applaud anyone that invests that kind of time on a project. I like the car except the interior and even that I have to give props to the amount of hard work that it took to create.

Neal
Curvie Roadlover
Bidding is closed! Hmmmmmmmm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.