Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good buy??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
there are two 914s that are in VA that are a package deal that I am thinking about. One is red and has a rebuilt engine and trans and most interior good but needs new paint and the other is what the man calls a parts car but it is just a complete car taken apart. It has engine and trans and every thing else minus the lenses which were traded with the other car cause they were mint. the only problem is with the complete car. It has major rust in the floors. IPB Image It will have to be replaced. Or you could just tell people that it came with the optional highway viewing hole. IPB Image He wants 2500. The price is negotiable. Think I should get it?? oh yeah..the other car is green metalic and it is a 74 and the red one is 75. The complete car runs strong. they also both have under 75 thousand miles. What do you guys think?
newdeal2
Major rust means cutting in new floors so guesstamate about $1,500 plus any paint. Sounds borderline but if it runs good and no signs of ANY other structural rust make an offer.
914werke
IPB Image
skline
If it has major rust on the floors, then I would for sure check the hell hole. I have seen the hole before the floors go in most that were rusted away. If the longs are good, then they are worth what he is asking just in parts alone. Either way, its not a bad deal.
Gint
If the red car is complete and runs/drives/shifts well, and the green car (the 74) is relatively rust free, swap all of the parts over from the red car to to the green car. You could then also use the best parts from both cars to make a nice driver. Could be a good deal for ya if you're willing to invest some sweat equity.
Trekkor
Go for it.

Get yourself a welder and learn to do metal repair if you don't already. IPB Image

Sounds like an excellant price.

Price engines, trans, tires and wheels seperatley. IPB Image

You're already ahead with this deal.

KT
Kerrys914
Are they in Newport News or Hampton?

I know a guy who had two 914's (Red and Yellow?).

Cheers
grasshopper
no he is not in newport news or hampton he is more central virgina. Somewhere south of richmond... I am working on replacing floors in a 1970 911T today. Pretty easy job after you get them out. I have the welder and I borrow the plasma cutter from my neighbor. Oh.. one has perdini alloy wheels and the other has the steel wheels. Damn I was hoping for fuches IPB Image I think i will go for it.. I talked him down to 2250 now. Well hell the alloys are worth 700. Thanks for your input. I dont think I would have bought them if it werent for you guys. rocking nana.gif IPB Image IPB Image
JeffBowlsby
the alloys are worth 700

For Pedrinis, try half of that, on good day.
grasshopper
I think the alloy perdini wheels are worth at least 500. Look at these links: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=66481
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.