Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Anyone Have Any Info On My Old 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ehokana
Driving around in my new 914 got me wondering whatever became of my old 914- it was my first car, so I have many fond memories of the car. I know it may not be the best thing to inquire about something like this, in case the car has been wrecked or parted out, but I figured I'd take my chances.

The car was a '73 1.7 that had been converted to a 2.0 FI from the same year. Last I knew, it was guards red and had the factory fuchs on it. The plates were the original CA plates, 2ALH698- I'm hoping that these are still on the car, because I don't remember the VIN (otherwise I'd have looked it up on the VIN database before bringing it to everyone here).

If anyone knows who owns this 914 now or what happened to it, I'd really appreciate any info
balljoint
Have you checked for the VIN here?
hot_shoe914
WTF.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(balljoint @ Dec 2 2013, 06:05 AM) *

I don't remember the VIN (otherwise I'd have looked it up on the VIN database before bringing it to everyone here).
Pay attention dummy!!! slap.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 2 2013, 07:21 AM) *

QUOTE(balljoint @ Dec 2 2013, 06:05 AM) *

I don't remember the VIN (otherwise I'd have looked it up on the VIN database before bringing it to everyone here).
Pay attention dummy!!! slap.gif

dry.gif

He obviously edited his post after I replied.

unsure.gif
Dave_Darling
Have you tried looking up the VIN?

wink.gif

--DD
soltino
My first new car had/has a leather passenger side door panel.

tino
ehokana
Forgive me, I'm confused- are you saying that you own my old 914? Or simply making a statement?
Andyrew
When did you own it?
stugray
Can you check the CHT?

I am in your shoes. I wish I could find my old car sold in CO in ~94, but dont know how to find a VIN.
Im sure it is in a Govt database somewhere...
Madswede
You could do an exhaustive search of the VIN database looking for '73s in that color, but that seems ... exhausting.

It's not mine. Wrong color (Phoenix red) and plate number. Good luck in your search!
Mike Bellis
I once tracked down an old 914 using just the license plate. I was at DMV for another reason and asked them about an old plate number. It was a couple years after I sold it. DMV said it was still registered to me. the new owner never transferred title.

So, go to the DMV and ask. They will give you a mailing address of the current owner.
ehokana
I'm surprised that the DMV would do that since there are so many privacy laws that ban most inquiries similar to that.

I was just hoping someone on here would have some information- not sure I really want to go through the trouble to track it down more seriously right now.
The only other thing that I remember now is that the owner who I sold the car to was named Eric and lived in the Pasadena area. I hope I'm not upsetting anyone by putting this info up on here
messix
don't pay any attention to "ballsack" slap.gif

there's a bunch of jack asses that run amok here ! shades.gif lol-2.gif

and welcome.png
yeahmag
I only know one guards red 914 that matches that description here in the Pasadena area. His name is David and he converted it to an electric car. I just checked and the plates don't match (I have a picture of his car).

There's one other car in the area that I can't remember the color of nor the guys name. Did it happen to be a young kid?
ehokana
I know the owner who bought it from me wasn't a young kid. I don't know if that may be the case now though since it was about 6 or 7 years ago that I sold it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.