Full Version: Rust Repairs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsnd
Out of their minds.

The VIN is worth that much?
Cairo94507
Wow! Scotty…please do not tackle that car until my car is done. slap.gif
rick 918-S
Start with all the reproduction sheet metal you can get then add that door pillar with the vin tag.
Bartlett 914
57K and the trailer is NOT included LOL
bulitt
Idiots
scotty b
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 4 2013, 06:56 AM) *

Start with all the reproduction sheet metal you can get then add that door pillar with the vin tag.

What I don't understand is people allegedly want it for it"s racing history, yet once the car is rebuilt, there will only be about 5% of the original car left. At that point, it is no longer the original car confused24.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 4 2013, 11:32 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 4 2013, 06:56 AM) *

What I don't understand is people allegedly want it for it"s racing history, yet once the car is rebuilt, there will only be about 5% of the original car left. At that point, it is no longer the original car confused24.gif

The VIN carries the history, not the sheetmetal. Right or wrong, that's what Porsche (and I assume many other car manufactures) do with their race cars.
mepstein
QUOTE(bulitt @ Dec 4 2013, 10:48 AM) *

Idiots

Not the seller!
gothspeed
Seems like the buyer got a fairly good deal. It is a good thing those tags are aluminum smile.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-356-Speeds...=US_Cars_Trucks
JmuRiz
It'll be like Trigger's Broom when finished, but cool!

I'm sure someone like the Wills' could do it, with their labor being 'free' and make it worth it. If it were a coupe, no way it'd be worth anything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.