Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight alignment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ewdysar
So I looked in the Haynes manual and under headlight alignment, they suggest going to a professional. I'm surprised that this job couldn't/shouldn't be done by me. IPB Image

I remember aligning other car's lights in the past with specs from manuals, park car on level space xx feet from vertical wall. Draw horizontal line xx inches from ground and mark centerline of car on wall. Align each light independantly. IPB Image

Is there something that I'm missing here? Is there something that makes this too complicated for the likes of me? Who knew that twisting a couple of screws would prove to be more difficult than swapping the suspension, installing a V8, radiator etc. etc. IPB Image

Eric
TheCabinetmaker
Eric, remove the plastic headlight surrounds, and you will find two adjustment screws. One on the top, and one on the side.
Mueller
...more than likely they just didn't want to deal with figureing it out if they couldn't find the specs or that in some states it's a modification that a licensed shop must do???

I agree, it cannot be that hard to do as long as you have a referance to go by IPB Image
Jamie
My 73 has 2 alignment holes in the plastic surround so removing them is not necessary. I have often tuned up alignment on level ground against the side of a convenient building. especially with a new vehicle.
ewdysar
So I guess I'll measure to the center of the headlights and adjust the left side of the highbeam pattern to that level at about 20 feet. Then drive around and see if that's too close. I'll try to remember to post my results when I get them dialed in.

Now as soon as my dimmer relay shows up, so the high beams will stay on IPB Image

Thx guys... IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.