Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914 2.0 Heat Exchanger Parts - Air Inlets.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RWBennett
Hello all fellow 914 fans, I'm in need of some components to fix up the heat system of my beloved 1975 2.0. I need the driver's side air inlet parts....the front duct work that get's air from the fan housing and the "S" pipe that gets air from the blower, also need the top "clamp" bracket. All parts shown in the photo are for the passenger side. I just need the drivers. However if you have a set that you need to sell I will consider buying both sides as long price is reasonable.

Also please note for the ducts, I'll need both the top/bottom sections.

I see here and on EBAY, lots of 2.0 heat exchanges (late model) but all of them seem to have these pieces missing? What gives are they fall off and laying on the side of the road somewhere?

I know that most people convert these cars to earlier style exhaust systems to utilize stainless heat exchangers. However I have a brand spanking new Bursch exhaust system that I would really like to use rather than re-investing in another muffler system at this point.

If you have these or know someone who does, please let me know as I'd like to keep driving my car through the cold months.

Thanks everyone.
SpecialInt
QUOTE(RWBennett @ Dec 5 2013, 12:19 PM) *

Hello all fellow 914 fans, I'm in need of some components to fix up the heat system of my beloved 1975 2.0. I need the driver's side air inlet parts....the front duct work that get's air from the fan housing and the "S" pipe that gets air from the blower, also need the top "clamp" bracket. All parts shown in the photo are for the passenger side. I just need the drivers. However if you have a set that you need to sell I will consider buying both sides as long price is reasonable.

Also please note for the ducts, I'll need both the top/bottom sections.

I see here and on EBAY, lots of 2.0 heat exchanges (late model) but all of them seem to have these pieces missing? What gives are they fall off and laying on the side of the road somewhere?

I know that most people convert these cars to earlier style exhaust systems to utilize stainless heat exchangers. However I have a brand spanking new Bursch exhaust system that I would really like to use rather than re-investing in another muffler system at this point.

If you have these or know someone who does, please let me know as I'd like to keep driving my car through the cold months.

Thanks everyone.

Hi, I have the parts your looking for.

I have some that are in the condition yours look to be in which are free plus shipping and some that are really clean which I'll need to figure out what they are worth before pricing.

I will get them together and email you pictures.

I just need an email address.

I'm in md
RWBennett
Sent you pm with my email. Please send me pics
RWBennett
Still in need of these parts, wanted to make my 914 a daily driver, but cold weather has it hiding in the garage.
RWBennett
Where in the world do all these parts end up???? With all of the conversions to headers and previous generation Stainless exchangers one would think there was a huge pile of this stuff out there somewhere. Do these parts fall of cars going down the road and end up missing?

Puzzling. Might just have to say to hell with it and make the change to headers and full on performance exhaust.
7TPorsh
I'm sure Bruce has them, look up bdstone. PM him.
bdstone914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Dec 24 2013, 04:03 PM) *

I'm sure Bruce has them, look up bdstone. PM him.

I actually to not have every 914 part. I have some but not all of the parts he needs.

I think most of those parts have been thrown away as the late heat exchangers are usually shot.

You may want to consider back dating to the earlier heat exchangers. They flow better and you can keep the heat.

There are a couple of SS sets for sale now. I too have a set and probably all the conversion parts.

Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.