Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel sender to gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tscrihfield
Okay,
So I have a 0-90ohm sender in my fuel cell. They don't make a 0-70 for my particular cell.

What would happen if ran a 0-70 gauge with a 0-90 sender... The fuel gauge would just read full for the first quarter tank roughly?

TIA,
Thomas
Mike Bellis
GM sensor is 0-90 ohm.
Stock 914 VDO sensor is 70-0 ohm. really only down to around 3-7 ohms, then drops to zero.

First off your level will read full when empty and vise versa. It also will be off and out of calibration.

A Chrysler sender is 10-70 ohms and will be the closest in calibration. But still backwards. I had one and was able to flip the resistive element and make it work correctly, although slightly off in calibration.
tscrihfield
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 5 2013, 07:47 PM) *

GM sensor is 0-90 ohm.
Stock 914 VDO sensor is 70-0 ohm. really only down to around 3-7 ohms, then drops to zero.

First off your level will read full when empty and vise versa. It also will be off and out of calibration.

A Chrysler sender is 10-70 ohms and will be the closest in calibration. But still backwards. I had one and was able to flip the resistive element and make it work correctly, although slightly off in calibration.

Thanks for the clarification Mike! That makes it easier to decide what I have to do...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.