Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I still take her for a spin?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Black22
dry.gif My ride height might turn my air cooled engine into a snow cooled engine! blink.gif

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
A spin you shall have if you go! Once, I got my stuck on a small snow drift. Rear wheels were just barely on ground. A real sit and spin. The heat exchangers buried in snow generate a lot of steam!
jimkelly
clearance is all about how much space you have between ground and floor pan, or snow surface and floor pan. looks like you'll need a steep hill to get up some nice uncontrolled speed.
oldschool
QUOTE(Black22 @ Dec 6 2013, 01:28 PM) *

dry.gif My ride height might turn my air cooled engine into a snow cooled engine! blink.gif

Click to view attachment

Mike do you socal yet lol-2.gif
JRust
Hey Mike,
No way in hell you take your teener out in this stuff. Not because they can't handle it. It's the rest of the Oregonians out there. Good lord they can't drive in snow. Spent most my day driving today. Can't count the many people I saw in ditches or just spinning out all over. It would be laughable if they all weren't on the road with me dry.gif . I get some road rage going in the snow. Just about got hit like 3 different times from people losing control of their cars. Or making no attempt to slow down for a red light. I literally waited a 5 count when my light turned green. Still had some asshat not be able to stop & run the light. Very narrow miss & it would have hurt Dumbshit had to have been doing 40 through that intersection. If I could have caught him I would have been tempted to beat the liven stromberg.gif out of him. Of course it was probably a women so I couldn't even do that headbang.gif
PanelBilly
Ship it up to Seattle. We've had beautiful days lately. Cold. but clear skies and dry roads. I need to get a new battery for my bike and get some of this fresh air
jim_hoyland
Wasn't there a Porsche advertisement for "The Snow Porsche" ?
tscrihfield
http://jalopnik.com/5719962/consider-the-p...e-snowpocalypse

914s can't handle snow??? I'm calling bs.gif
tscrihfield
Do know, I don't condone it as I would hate for it to get nasty and salt ridden...but I think it would go fine depending on driver....

euro911
This is what you need, Mike aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment
Black22
Ended up with 8.5 inches of snow over here!

Took the Jetta to the Xmas tree farm today. Front wheel drive, Traction control and ABS?
Sign me up!

Had chains. Didn't use them.

She did great! cheer.gif Even the 4x4's had chains on. lol-2.gif

914 stayed inside sad.gif beer3.gif

Currently 3F / -16.11C
euro911
Brrrr - that's cold. It's almost down to freezing here in the South Bay blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.