Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Suby H6 3.0 conversion engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JStroud
I've decided to go a different route, and put a porsche 6 in the white car and get it painted, so the suby conversion has been put on hold, and I need to sell a few things to help pay for this.

The engine is out of a 2003 outback H6 3.0, had 170K miles on it when pulled, still running, car got rear ended.

I pulled the computer and wire harness from the car, also included are: complete steering column, heater and air conditioning parts, some dash trim pieces, heat/ac controls, heated seat switches, radio/cd player.

And the radiator setup from the black car if you want it.

$1,200.00 Cheap solution for 6 power.

Some pictures.
Jeff

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
euro911
Sweet deal. Wished I had more time on my hands headbang.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 7 2013, 12:57 AM) *

Sweet deal. Wished I had more time on my hands headbang.gif

I think Jim and Rob have an empty trailer heading to long beach next weekend to pick up Jims new car, could probably get it on the trailer for a So Cal. delivery.
poke.gif

Jeff
euro911
My wife would beat me to bloody pulp, Jeff ... alfred.gif

I haven't finished the front porsche porch remodel yet sad.gif ... and then there's the next project - remodeling the back half of the house dry.gif
JRust
Argh dry.gif . I want it. Hell I'll even be making a trip to Marks in the next couple weeks to deliver a motor idea.gif . Keep me on the list okay. I should not buy it. So hopefully someone else will do it before I can no longer resist
Mike Bellis
What a great deal! I would buy it but then I would need to buy another 914 too... idea.gif

Can't swing it until the new year... sad.gif
euro911
Uh, Mike ... click here
JStroud
Jamie, don't you already have two projects....pace yourself lol-2.gif , but its here if you want it.

You know you want it Mike, your cars done now....you need a new project. poke.gif
I can wait till the new year for the $, nothings going to happen too fast with the white car shades.gif

Took a picture of the radiator setup today, nothing pretty...but it worked for the rotary motor that was pulled.

Click to view attachment
FELONYRACING
Just curious but is the 3.0 that much better than the 3.3. Not tryin to steal the thread but I'm sellin my roller 914 with many extras with the subaru 3.3 mated to the 901 and only one person was mildly interested. I didn't think I was askin to much for the motor especially whith an adapter and a whole car comin with the deal. Like I said, not tryin to hijack just confused.
JStroud
QUOTE(FELONYRACING @ Dec 8 2013, 09:55 PM) *

Just curious but is the 3.0 that much better than the 3.3. Not tryin to steal the thread but I'm sellin my roller 914 with many extras with the subaru 3.3 mated to the 901 and only one person was mildly interested. I didn't think I was askin to much for the motor especially whith an adapter and a whole car comin with the deal. Like I said, not tryin to hijack just confused.

Not sure this is the appropriate place for your question, but since you asked here I'll give you my opinion.

The 3.3 was produced in the early 90's, the 3.0 is a 03, 10 yrs newer, and from what I've read fit better with less cutting. Also your location could be an issue, I live in central California, lots of world members in the area, be a trip or expensive shipping for yours for most, adds cost
Then there's your car, how do I say this....I wouldn't buy it, too much rust, too much hacked up.....dash, rear trunk, pull the motor you'll have an easier sale, the car is dragging its value down.

You asked.... My opinion.

Jeff
Chris H.
This is a STEEEAAAAALLLLLL. A steal I tell ya.

The differences (and I have an EG33..the car is far from done but let's not split hairs...)

- probably won't have to re-seal it
- it's smaller
- it has a timing chain so you don't have to do the belt (ask me how fun that is)
- it's already out of the car (ask JEFF how fun that is)
- Looks pretty very clean for a Subie motor
- 2003 has almost the same HP as the 3.3 I think. 2003 was the first year it went up.
- drive by wire I think..
-plus...he has the steering column/ignition switch which you need for the stock ECU...WILL NOT START without that.
- and all the AC stuff looks to be there
euro911
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Dec 9 2013, 12:57 PM) *
Quit trying to twist my arm slap.gif
Chris H.
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 9 2013, 02:07 PM) *

Quit trying to twist my arm slap.gif

What...for the Vanagon? It is a nice tidy motor...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbkSJQ10SIE

oops...
IM101

The differences (and I have an EG33..the car is far from done but let's not split hairs...)

- probably won't have to re-seal it
- it's smaller
- it has a timing chain so you don't have to do the belt (ask me how fun that is)
- it's already out of the car (ask JEFF how fun that is)
- Looks pretty very clean for a Subie motor
- 2003 has almost the same HP as the 3.3 I think. 2003 was the first year it went up.
- drive by wire I think..
-plus...he has the steering column/ignition switch which you need for the stock ECU...WILL NOT START without that.
- and all the AC stuff looks to be there

Spot on Chris, except for that last point. 2001-2004 don't have an immobilizer key, so you wouldn't need the steering column/ignition switch. 2005+ do on the other hand, which is why i usually recommend people stay with the older years.

Also as HP goes, from the factory the EZ30D was pretty choked for smog reasons (3 cat's in the too narrow exhaust). They have been know to be on par or better than the eg33 when equipped with a better breathing intake/exhaust.

Here is a link to a comparison of the subaru 6's which goes into a little more depth http://www.coldwater914.com/engine-options...ess-than-300hp/

Anyway, this a good price for a great engine I'm sure the buyer will be more than happy with its performance.
Chris H.
Fixed that then...for some reason I thought it was 2003 for the immob key....

Still a steal....

"The later EZ30D used from 2003 to 2009 was heavily updated from the early EZ30D used from 2001 to 2003. It received new cylinder heads with 3 exhaust ports per head and variable intake valve timing. All use dual timing chains and coil-on-plug ignition."
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Dec 9 2013, 06:26 PM) *

Still a steal....

"The later EZ30D used from 2003 to 2009 was heavily updated from the early EZ30D used from 2001 to 2003. It received new cylinder heads with 3 exhaust ports per head and variable intake valve timing. All use dual timing chains and coil-on-plug ignition."

The USA didnt get the new EZ30R until 2005.
JStroud
Sale pending
drifter914
QUOTE(JStroud @ Dec 9 2013, 06:47 PM) *

Sale pending

I'm in for 2nd's if still avail...PM sent...thanks Terry
Chris H.
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Dec 9 2013, 05:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Dec 9 2013, 06:26 PM) *

Still a steal....

The USA didnt get the new EZ30R until 2005.

The quote I posted references the EZ30D. Pulled it from the Subaru Engine Wiki, which admittedly is a little confusing to read. Says that in 2003 the engine was improved a bit. In the same section it references the EZ30R, which it shows as having slightly different specs (only 1 exhaust port per cyl etc). Could be a JDM vs US thing.

Glad someone got a good deal. Looking forward to the build thread.
JStroud
Well Jamie decided to pass, and haven't heard back from Terry.....so I guess it's still available.

Jeff
JRust
QUOTE(JStroud @ Dec 12 2013, 06:39 PM) *

Well Jamie decided to pass, and haven't heard back from Terry.....so I guess it's still available.

Somebody buy this quick. As much as I wanted it. My kids deserve a nice xmas this year. So Disneyland won out
JStroud
Still available
JStroud
Ok I bought a 2.7 -6 for the white car, so this setup needs to go.

Make me an offer, or if anyone has -6 conversion parts they would like to trade let me know.

Jeff
JStroud
SOLD......going to Colorado

Jeff
JStroud
Sale fell through, guy in Colorado couldn't make it out to pick up.

So it's still available for sale

Jeff
pneuhyde
Would this tear up a standard 914 train (and of course I would be putting my foot to the floor on occasion) and how much trouble is it to mount in the car and connect to a trani ?
More curious, than serious, but it would sure be more fun than my existing 1.7 I have to swap into my roller sometime soon. smile.gif

QUOTE(JStroud @ Jan 6 2014, 06:22 PM) *

Jeff

JStroud
QUOTE(pneuhyde @ Jan 6 2014, 07:41 PM) *

Would this tear up a standard 914 train (and of course I would be putting my foot to the floor on occasion) and how much trouble is it to mount in the car and connect to a trani ?
More curious, than serious, but it would sure be more fun than my existing 1.7 I have to swap into my roller sometime soon. smile.gif

QUOTE(JStroud @ Jan 6 2014, 06:22 PM) *

Jeff

914 tranny could probably handle it, I think it's rated at around 210hp stock, they make adapter plates to match them up.
The biggest difference would be the radiator setup the 1.7 wouldn't need, but then not near the HP.

Jeff
McMark
SirAndy has a 250+hp running through a 901 with no issues.
RazorbackFan78
If everything was to be shipped, how many pallets do you think it would require? I'm located in Northwest Arkansas so I'm trying to ballpark my shipping costs since I wouldn't be able to come pick it up myself.

Matt
JStroud
QUOTE(RazorbackFan78 @ Jan 7 2014, 07:59 AM) *

If everything was to be shipped, how many pallets do you think it would require? I'm located in Northwest Arkansas so I'm trying to ballpark my shipping costs since I wouldn't be able to come pick it up myself.

Matt

If I put it in a crate, could probably stack the other stuff around the engine, probably $300-400 depending on actual weight, otherwise would take two pallets, not sure what that would cost.

Jeff
RazorbackFan78
QUOTE(JStroud @ Jan 7 2014, 10:19 AM) *

QUOTE(RazorbackFan78 @ Jan 7 2014, 07:59 AM) *

Matt

If I put it in a crate, could probably stack the other stuff around the engine, probably $300-400 depending on actual weight, otherwise would take two pallets, not sure what that would cost.

Jeff

Yep I'm getting quotes of $400 or more for a crate at 500lbs....those pesky lift gates and residential deliveries sure tack on a hefty fee.

Shipping is a dealbreaker for me. Best of luck!

Matt
JStroud
Sold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.