Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheelhouse color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
57lincolnman
I am repainting my '75 silver Porsche after being smacked in an intersection by Beverly Hills teenager driving her mom's Audi 8. Now that all of the insurance related work is complete, I'm repainting the rest of the car and taking its appearance to the next level. Were the wheelhouses painted out the same color as the car?

1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(57lincolnman @ Dec 7 2013, 06:11 PM) *

I am repainting my '75 silver Porsche after being smacked in an intersection by Beverly Hills teenager driving her mom's Audi 8. Now that all of the insurance related work is complete, I'm repainting the rest of the car and taking its appearance to the next level. Were the wheelhouses painted out the same color as the car?

Wheelhouse is the same color as the body, although quite a number of 914s were delivered with (black) rustproofing, or some similar undercoating protection applied at the POE (port-of-entry) or dealer. Note the body-colored wheelhouses in the assembly line photos.
57lincolnman
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Dec 7 2013, 06:26 PM) *

QUOTE(57lincolnman @ Dec 7 2013, 06:11 PM) *

Wheelhouse is the same color as the body, although quite a number of 914s were delivered with (black) rustproofing, or some similar undercoating protection applied at the POE (port-of-entry) or dealer. Note the body-colored wheelhouses in the assembly line photos.

Thank you. I suppose my car was undercoated at some point. We've taken off most of the undercoating and painting them the body color. These are great photos.
Johny Blackstain
My LE was undercoated, I believe by the dealer. You can see the black undercoating here & some has chipped away & you can see white paint underneath.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.