Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 is getting Dissed...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
911 Better track car than 914
jwalters
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
THAT was some kinda cool reading all those replies---- IPB Image

I actually did not see any dissing--they were pretty much all in agreement that the 914 is a better track car than their own 911's------

They made mention of a few other particulars that I won't mention again----- IPB Image
Joe Bob
Wasn't the biggest bitch about the 914 was that there were no cup holders?
rick 918-S
QUOTE (mikez @ Dec 29 2004, 07:02 AM)
Wasn't the biggest bitch about the 914 was that there were no cup holders?

If they spent more time driving and less time drinking they may be able to hone their skills enough to be competitive.
IPB Image (or not) IPB Image Real Race cars are mid-engine.
Aaron Cox
good read clay IPB Image
Trekkor
I know about the autocross prowess of the 914. On an autocross track, they are bullies.

IPB Image

Any 914-6 race car that is well prepared will beat an equally preapred 911. No doubt about it.

IPB Image
You may not wanna hear it or believe it, but a 914-6 can and will run circles around alot of 911's on the track.

IPB Image
If the factory had developed and built the 914 to the same level as the 911, it would be a killer car. unfortunately they didn't.
IPB Image

I liked it...

KT
dlo914
when will ricers learn that straight line racing isn't considered racing? so what if they could smoke us stockVSstock on the straights, we'll nip their asses or devour them in the twisties... IPB Image
dlo914
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Dec 29 2004, 10:34 AM)
They have a mid engine which can be an advantage, but in the right hands a rear engine design can be an advantage too, and the rear engine design aids in braking (more weight remains on the rear wheels so the rear brakes can do more braking and otherwise).

haha sadly they rely on their brakes too often... IPB Image
sixnotfour
The funny thing is that no one mentions that most of Porsche's race cars are mid engined.
#1 ,550 spyder,F1,904,906,908,910,917,962,914-6Gt,new supercar Carrera Gt, and so on.
dlo914
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Dec 29 2004, 10:42 AM)
I was once told by a driving instructor that 10 out of 10 drivers are fast in a 914. But only 1 out of 10 are fast in a 911.

IPB Image interesting fact IPB Image
dlo914
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Dec 29 2004, 10:45 AM)
The funny thing is that no one mentions that most of Porsche's race cars are mid engined.
#1 ,550 spyder,F1,904,906,908,910,917,962,914-6Gt,new supercar Carrera Gt, and so on.

Excellent point IPB Image
Andyrew
I was once told by a driving instructor that 10 out of 10 drivers are fast in a 914. But only 1 out of 10 are fast in a 911.

What does that tell you about a 911 owner? IPB Image
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Dec 29 2004, 12:34 PM)

What does that tell you about a 911 owner? IPB Image

that 1 of them used to be a 914 driver IPB Image
Sammy
Wow, I better get my glasses checked. I didn't see anyone dissing the 914 or 914 drivers on the bird board,
but I come here and see all kinds of posts dissing the 911 and the 911 owners.
Shame on us. Do we really have that big of a chip on our shoulder?
Yes I drive a 911, but I would concider myself more of a 914 guy if I had to choose sides.

Question time: who here on this board has an absolutely stock 914, including stock original size tires? What were they, equivalent to 165's or something?
Prolly not many. If so, do you think it handles great with those tires? Better than a mid to later 911 that came with much wider tires?
914s are great cars and fun to drive, but right off the showroom floor they didn't handle as well as some of us think. My first 914 came with the original skinny tires and no sway bars, it did not handle that great. I put 195-60-15 cheapo michelin tires on it and they made a huge improvement.
It is very easy to make a 914 handle great, but almost all of them need a little help getting there.
No, 916s don't count IPB Image
Andyrew
It was a joke!!!!

geeez...

twas the reason I said it over here, because I knew the 911 owners over here would recognize that we socalledly think 911's and their owners are (fill in the blank).. you know, us steriotyping.... Even though we all know that 911 owners and 914 owners on the board's are more likely to be true sports car enthusiests...

Twas all in good fun... IPB Image
Sammy
As emily whatshername on Saturday night live said,
Oh,,,,,, never mind IPB Image
chikenfajita
what an idiot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.