Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom 914 on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
restore2seater
Custom 914

"Custom 1973 Porsche 914 This is without a doubt the coolest 914 custom job I have ever seen."
Are you kidding? IPB Image
Looks like a cross between a vet and a 914.
tdgray
OH MY EYES!!! IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
dwillouby
Remove the sail panel crap and it might be a good project.
Joe Bob
Drop a gallon of thinner and a match on it.... IPB Image
gklinger
Very minor blemish on the top corner by rear spoiler.

Yeah, that'll sand right out...

This car looks like a Porsche 911.  Almost identical to a 911!

Except uglier. IPB Image
TC/914
Got kind of a Lotus thing happening around the edges. That extra body mass through the sail panel make the car look tiny, kind of short/awkward in the way that some of the Abarths did.

Of course, I'm spending way too much time and effort commenting on this bad dog, aren't I?

|>(
URY914
"Looks like a 911" IPB Image

What 911?IPB Image
ninefourteener
Why do we always beat around the bush on these matters??

How about: "It's a flaming piece of shit. If I ever saw anyone actually driving it, I would drop to my knees in uncontrollable laughter"

C'mon!?!? It looks like a 911?? Engine is clean?? Mostly clean interior??

IPB Image
URY914
Is this a problem? IPB Image
URY914
How do you reach the engine over those walls of BONDO?
skline
I think he meant the car looks like in was on the ground floor in NY during 9-11. Because it doesnt look anything like a Porsche 911 at all. What a POS. I'm sorry, I dont see anything good on that car at all.
SLITS
A refugee from Haight Ashbury.....only in SF IPB Image
spare time toys
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 29 2004, 10:56 AM)
I think he meant the car looks like in was on the ground floor in NY during 9-11. Because it doesnt look anything like a Porsche 911 at all. What a POS. I'm sorry, I dont see anything good on that car at all.

So how much you going to bid on it Scott? IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image Gotcha
skline
I wouldnt buy that car. It would take 100k to bring it back to original. And even after that, it would only be worth about 5 to 6k. That car is a money pit from the word go.
Rusty
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 29 2004, 11:14 AM)
A refugee from Haight Ashbury.....only in SF IPB Image

Or Corona.

I wonder how many clowns would pile out of that car if it pulled up in front of my house? IPB Image
URY914
If those are real Centerline wheels and if thier "8 wide, it would be the only thing on the car at is worth a damn.

I'll bid $79.00.

Paul
Aaron Cox
So how much you going to bid on it Scott?

LMAO

A refugee from Haight Ashbury.....only in SF  

Or Corona.

IPB Image IPB Image
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (URY914 @ Dec 29 2004, 09:43 AM)
If those are real Centerline wheels and if thier "8 wide, it would be the only thing on the car at is worth a damn.

I'll bid $79.00.

Paul

i need the speedo! IPB Image
aircooledboy
I admit it. I saw this thread, and I thought to myself "here we go ripping the shit out of some poor slobs ebay car". IPB Image I clicked on the link, saw the car and thought "it's not my deal, but it is not THAT bad". IPB Image Then I scrolled down through the rest of the pictures: IPB Image IPB Image O. M. G!!!!!!!!!!!

It is hard to pick, but here is my favorite passage:
The interior needs door panels and could use a little attention but it's pretty clean overall.
What part is clean exactly? IPB Image
Aaron Cox
If those Sail Panels do not spell BLIND SPOT, i dont know what does IPB Image
Deano
Is the driver's seatbelt attatched to a piece of conduit??
Deano
Here is my favorite line:

CUSTOM 1973 PORSCHE 914 - LOOKS LIKE 911 - 912 - 928

All 3 ?!?!?
Mark Henry
Someone should email him and ask how the engine runs...and also how's the tranny....
Trekkor
Other than that this car is sweet.

Almost identical to a 911!

Someone went too far...
gklinger
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Dec 29 2004, 10:59 AM)
Someone should email him and ask how the engine runs...and also how's the tranny....

Might run, but it ain't going anywhere...
Mark Henry
QUOTE (gklinger @ Dec 29 2004, 02:04 PM)
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Dec 29 2004, 10:59 AM)

Might run, but it ain't going anywhere...

1.8 with no flapper box...it doesn't run

also a '73 with a 1.8???? and a tail shifter?

Parts car
Howard
$1 says he's pulling our leg IPB Image
type11969
has anyone ever sent a link to these "bashing" sessions to the owner of the car being bashed. I think that it could be amusing to hear the responses of this person to some of the points brought up in this thread.

it would probably get pretty ugly though.
Aaron Cox
remember the low miles 74 that we tore to shreds IPB Image
seanery
could you imagine doing anything to the engine with those damn bondo pieces in the way IPB Image
Howard
bid is up to $13.04

Don't let this slip away!
Allan
QUOTE (TC/914 @ Dec 29 2004, 07:22 AM)
Got kind of a Lotus thing happening around the edges.

Kinda Europa influence. I bet there is plywood under those sail panels.
serge914
Blocked engine grill to improve cooling.
But wait it has brand new euro flasher lens and blue rear coils springs.
jimtab
Man, you guys are tough....BUT FAIR. I think this is what happens when art students meet automotive reality...not pretty. IPB Image Cut it up.
Eddie Williams
... and a rear reflector.

What exactly is going on down there on the rockers???
GTeener
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Dec 29 2004, 09:05 AM)
I admit it. I saw this thread, and I thought to myself "here we go ripping the shit out of some poor slobs ebay car".  :(  I clicked on the link, saw the car and thought "it's not my deal, but it is not THAT bad".  :confused: Then I scrolled down through the rest of the pictures: IPB Image  :chair:  O. M. G!!!!!!!!!!!

It is hard to pick, but here is my favorite passage:
The interior needs door panels and could use a little attention but it's pretty clean overall.
What part is clean exactly? IPB Image

IPB Image I read that interior description, saw the pictures and thought the same thing.

And what does this title mean?

CUSTOM 1973 PORSCHE 914 - LOOKS LIKE 911 - 912 - 928

Might this be what happens if Porsches could inbreed? IPB Image

Anyone else hear those banjos playing?
Steve Thacker
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

The sellers joking right? I think some simtex would finish that poor car off.
Rhodes71/914
Glad they left it on the jackstand, really makes it look good. IPB Image
spare time toys
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Dec 29 2004, 05:41 PM)
Glad they left it on the jackstand, really makes it look good. IPB Image

I hope they come with it.
Stephane
One word; SAD

Stephane
newdeal2
That's scary...and someone is actually bidding on it! IPB Image
drgchapman
That is butt effen ugly. smash it.
boxstr
Okay everyone that wants a part or parts off of the car, chip in.Bid the car up . Who ever is closest go over and take all the parts off and leave the carcass on the jackstands IPB Image I'm sorry that seller is obviously wearing rose colored glasses
CCLINHOTRODHELL
Brando
The owner couldn't decide if They wanted it to be a new Chevy Avalanche or a stay a 914.

Looks 100% nothing like described.

Good for a sawzall party?
smooth_eddy
I like the "minor blemishes" on the spoiler. Also, it says "all parts in perfect working order". Wonder which parts even work. And how about the leather seats? Are they impressive or what? Someone send this link to the seller. IPB Image
Elliot_Cannon
I want this car very badly so I can find who did these things to it and smack the.....
Elliot
pete-stevers
lets try to look on the positive side.... it could be used for target pratice... how about a stationary 914 shoot....charge five bucks a shot... all proceeds to the club...after enviromental clean-up from all the bondo chips.... IPB Image IPB Image
aircooledboy
I got to thinking maybe Howard was right. Maybe this was all a joke and we just missed it in our rush to mock the guy. IPB Image

BUT: Now the car is up to over $1000, and the reserve still is not met. Not only does this guy actually think the car is valuable, he has convinced others too. IPB Image
restore2seater
IPB Image I tend to think that this must be a joke. If it isn't maybe I should put that blue rusted hulk sitting on jackstands in my garage on ebay. IPB Image
Brando
I still think this car would make a perfect...
...paper weight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.