Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some help fixing some rust in SoCal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2mAn
Hey guys, Ive been dying to get a 914, but with just one garage spot and a car currently in it, I havent been able to make the purchase. Ive been trying to sell my 77 Rabbit and the thing people have been bitching about the most is the rust. Its not too bad, but they use it as a bargaining chip to lowball me and Im at the point where I really want to get it fixed. Plus I figure this will be good practice to fix rust when it comes time to tackle the inevitable rust on my future 914.

The rust isnt in critical spots, just on the floor and I have a replacement pan to weld in, but I dont have a welder and I dont have an electrical outlet in my garage.

Im in Orange county but I will travel a decent distance if the help is there. I tried to commission DIYgarage but they couldnt help.

I basically have most of the tools except for the welding side of things.
Steve
You could try Milt aka Zeke on our board. He fixed the hell hole in my 914.
2mAn
thanks, I sent him a message. Where is he located? Im in Fullerton
Steve
Sorry double post.
Steve
I think he is in Long Beach. He drove to my house in Laguna Niguel and worked on my car. It took two 1/2 days to repair everything.
2mAn
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 11 2013, 12:53 PM) *

I think he is in Long Beach. He drove to my house in Laguna Niguel and worked on my car. It took two 1/2 days to repair everything.

thanks for the referral, but it wont work because my garage sucks sad.gif ... the search continues
infraredcalvin
Try one of these 2 members, headed south and further south, but they might be able to help, they both have shops:

Boogie_man
Sean_v8_914
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.