Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hmmmm Auto Parts King and Parts Geek... Same company?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bulldog9
Just had an interesting experience...... Hit a sale with Parts geek a few weeks ago, with a coupon ordered the rear calipers for about $45 each, for a semi loaded centric rebuilt. NICE units, ATE Cores, nice finish, seem well done. Anyhow, I got a message from them that the left rear was unavailable. They refunded the $$ and sent the right. I then did a parts search for a centric caliper for the left side (cause they have to match you know.... ;-) Anyhow, found one from an outfit called "AutoParts King" out of Hempstead NY. Got the part, identical to the Right side in quality fit & finish. So here is the HMMMM. I'm setting up the core returns and though Parts Geek is in New Jersey, and Parts King is on Long Island, they look to be the same company because the cores go back to the same address which happens to be the Auto Parts King business address, not a central processing core facility. Strange that if they are the same company that they don't share parts inventories and just ship from different locations as Rock Auto Does. Oh well.

Now here is the real kicker. These companies have completely different business models, return policies, etc. Parts Geek makes you request an RMA, and must be done in 30 days, Parts King is 'just send it within 6 months" ..... Very strange.

Anyhow, I am happy I have 99% of my brake parts, just need to order the hard lines.

Cheers!
biosurfer1
One bought the other and they are slow to integrate systems?
rudedude
have you read the parts geek reviews?
wndsnd
Wouldn't do it. Not prudent. rolleyes.gif
Mikey914
Both parts houses buy from te same rebuilder, the cores are going direct to the rebuilder.

Yes the price looks great, I had bought some awhile back andfound that the bleeder valve threads were hashed. So, you may be able to save a few bucks, but you may just have the same frustration I did. The paint was kind of crappy and looked like it had been stripped, but the time to make sure it was done right was not put into it.

Check with PMB if you want the job done right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.