Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help With Gasket Set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
I'm having trouble identifying the items from my 2.0 Victor Reinz gasket kit.

The little copper ones are identical to the washers I used for the temp sensor bottom plate.

The black gasket is a little bit smaller and thicker than the seal used for the pushrod tube small end. Is it for the distributer?

The silver washer looks like it's for the bottom temp sensor, but I would be surprised if the kit included that gasket.

I can't find where the larger 2 copper washers fit.

Click to view attachment
nathansnathan
QUOTE(Highland @ Dec 11 2013, 12:55 PM) *

The little copper ones are identical to the washers I used for the temp sensor bottom plate.

The black gasket is a little bit smaller and thicker than the seal used for the pushrod tube small end. Is it for the distributer?

The silver washer looks like it's for the bottom temp sensor, but I would be surprised if the kit included that gasket.

Click to view attachment

I think the silver is for the oil drain plug. I think the black one is for the distributor, like you said. One of the big copper ones is for the oil pressure relief valve, on the bottom, not sure why there look to be 2 of those...
worn
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Dec 11 2013, 01:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Highland @ Dec 11 2013, 12:55 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I think the silver is for the oil drain plug. I think the black one is for the distributor, like you said. One of the big copper ones is for the oil pressure relief valve, on the bottom, not sure why there look to be 2 of those...

Blck is the distrubutor O-ring. Can be a bit tricky. Small copper pair -Taco plate. Aluminum- pressure sender I think or drain. Many engines have two pressure relief valves, but often there is only 1. Many kits also only give you one of the pressure relief rings, so you lucked out. Did you save the old ones as you went? That can provide clues like witness marks.
TheCabinetmaker
If you take a close look at the black o ring, you'll see its flat on the inside. It's definitely for the diz. Really its a "d" ring.

The two larger copper washers are too small for the pressure relief valve. They look more the size of the oil drain and sump cover
Highland
Thanks for the input.

The 2 larger copper washers are too small for the oil relief valve.

I already have 2 small copper washer for the taco plate. Are these extra?

I don't have a pressure sensor to fit the silver washer, but just by comparing the boss size on the case the washer seems too big.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.