Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Return TPS advice/OT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Thought I would try and new TPS I got on Ebay, and after installing, after about 3,000 rpm, it would just cut out, and so I ended up putting the old one back on.

I had my electrician check them with the ohm meter, and according to him, checked out ok on both, but did notice that the prongs on the new one were about 1/4 the size smaller, and he was wondering if that could have been part of the cutting out problem, maybe not good contact?

I emailed the business to see what, if anything he would do about it?
Not exactly sure what to say back to him, but for me, for whatever the reason, the part is not working correctly. Before I leave bad feedback, not sure what to answer to get my $ back?
Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

OK.. WHAT YOU TELL ME, THE TPS IS NOT DAMAGED PARTS HAVING YOUR CAR.. ANOTHER PROBLEM IS HAVING YOUR CAR... THE REPLACEMENT OF YOUR CAR AND THAT I SENT YOU ARE RIGHT.. I HAVE SOLD SEVERAL OF THESE PARTS WHITOUT PROBLEMS FOR PINS... MAKING GOOD CONTACT.. THAT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.. FOR THAT REASON BOTH WORK THE SAME WAY IN YOUR CAR ... BOTH ARE OK .. THE PROBLEMS IS OTHER..

TheCabinetmaker
How bout some info on who/where this seller is? Are you sure its a "new" tps? They have been nla for some time now. From his text, he is either clueless or does not speak english as a 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th language. Bottom line is the tps does not work and should be returned for a full refund.
rhodyguy
"another problem is having your car…the replacement of your car" dry.gif rolleyes.gif oh boy!! all caps? wasn't dave sprinkle offering refurbished units?
partwerks
It's for a Subie WRX.

I didn't notice that it was out of country, till after the fact, otherwise, I probably would have not ordered it. I guess it's call up Ebay and start making waves............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121213784157?item=...123&vxp=mtr
Seller:

gem110660 (93)
96.3% Positive Feedback
Member since Jun-22-12 in Venezuela
Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was active.
Java2570
I hate to say this but you might just want to move on and try to source another TPS from a good vendor. Dealing with these out of country vendors who don't speak english is just a black hole. You could try going through ebay to try to get money back but sometimes it doesn't solve the issue either. Jon
boxsterfan
Take it up with eBay.

Don't get excited or mad when talking to eBay. Just explain your situation logically, the troubleshooting steps, the behavior, etc.... Don't leave the nasty review until after you have settled everything.

You'll get your money back.
partwerks
I wasn't going to leave bad feed back till I talked with ebay first, to get my coins refunded.
balljoint
$48.64 plus shipping? I just received a $60 part from a foreign shipper (New Jersey). Trying to make it work but I know I can get a part from the dealer for $250.00

Depending on the hassle I may just let it go and get the factory part.

unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.