Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master Cylinder Puked
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RustyWa
So my master cylinder is puking brake fluid onto the pedal cluster. I figure either get a rebuild kit or upgrade to a new 17mm or 19mm master cylinder. Last time I checked, I thought the prices were around $100-$120 for new MC's. On the bird board and others they are going for like $170-$200. Have they been at this price long?

Looks like a rebuild kit ($60) is now in my future.. IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
When I decided I needed one this summer I was told it should be around $100. Well quick search of the usuall part places told me different, about what you found 170-200.

I ended up getting a new one on ebay for around 100 from a place called europarts4auction check out there online store on ebay. It was a fine transacation.
datapace
I picked one up a few weeks ago from GPR for $150.

They had the best price of all the normal p-car places and I was ordering some other stuff. Dave is a great guy!

-bryan
pete-stevers
i highly rccomend spending the cash for a 19mm much better feel and pressure....raid that damn piggie....
IPB Image
steve
John
If you still have the plastic bushings in your pedal cluster, you just might think about replacing those with bronze units as the plastic will swell up after being doused with the brake fluid.

just my $0.02
Rusty
I also noticed prices went way up on the 19mm M/C, because I'm in the market for one.

I wonder if it's because of the soft dollar?

-Lawrence
Bleyseng
Yep, got to be the soft dollar as the Euro is about $1.33 lately. ouch!

Geoff
RustyWa
I've done some research and I found an ATE rebuild kit (17mm) for $37.99. Does anyone know what is in the kit? Has anyone rebuilt one before? I tore the MC apart last night and the bore looks good, so I'm considering a rebuild now....
Rhodes71/914
I thought about going the rebuild route but then thought some more (my brain hurt after that) and figured a little extra dough for safety sake.

On upgrading to a 19mm shouldn't you upgrade calipers as well to make any real difference?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.