Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Parking Brake Handle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
florida 914
I need a parking brake handle. I don't need the cable and such; the problem I have is the spring that holds the brake set. My car is a 1971, but unless I am mistaken later models will work as well (perhaps better). Shipping is to 97306. Thanks.
tweet
If all you need is the long large spring, it can be purchased new for about $5.
914work
bye1.gif
florida 914
QUOTE(tweet @ Dec 12 2013, 10:33 PM) *

If all you need is the long large spring, it can be purchased new for about $5.

Maybe that's all I need -- I've never seen one taken apart before buying this car, so I don't know what's missing. I have searched Autoatlanta and Pelican for the spring, but don't see it. Where can I find it?

Thanks a ton!
tweet
This is the part # 901.424.543.00
SMC and AA both have it. There are usually two reasons why your brake handle may not stay locked. It can be a broken spring, or the ratchet and catch are not catching properly. Replacing the spring is very easy. The knob twists off and the spring slides out. You will find the spring and various other hand brake parts at this link:
http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/store...=asc&page=2
Hope this helps,
Dan
florida 914
QUOTE(tweet @ Dec 13 2013, 12:01 AM) *

This is the part # 901.424.543.00
SMC and AA both have it. There are usually two reasons why your brake handle may not stay locked. It can be a broken spring, or the ratchet and catch are not catching properly. Replacing the spring is very easy. The knob twists off and the spring slides out. You will find the spring and various other hand brake parts at this link:
http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/store...=asc&page=2
Hope this helps,
Dan

Yes, very helpful, thanks! I ordered the spring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.