Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What cam with Megasquirt build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dtjaden
I am about to start an engine build based on a 2.0 core engine I picked up from a friend. It will be 2056 displacement and I plan to use MS III fuel injection and later MS ignition. This will be used for spirited road driving with an occasional DE event. This is not a daily driver.

One of my concerns is the selection of an appropriate cam for this use. I plan on using as many of the Djet parts as is practical including the intake system but I am planning on having the heads reworked. Head work contemplated includes new valves, seats, springs and mild porting and polishing.

I would appreciate and opinions concerning an appropriate cam for the use and configuration as described.

Thanks!
Jake Raby
Utilizing the stock plenum and TB will make the biggest impact on which cam is optimum. Using those parts, I'd keep the cam the same as I would for stock D or L Jet. If not you'll fight low speed issues and idle tuning.
Dtjaden
Thanks Jake!

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 13 2013, 04:18 AM) *

Utilizing the stock plenum and TB will make the biggest impact on which cam is optimum. Using those parts, I'd keep the cam the same as I would for stock D or L Jet. If not you'll fight low speed issues and idle tuning.

gothspeed
Since you are splitting the case I would at least run this Web cam #73 ..... you can easily change the intake in the future to individual ITBs while the engine is still in the car ..... but a cam would be a lot more difficult to change down the road.

Good over all performance for engines with stock fuel-injection. Designed for mechanical lifters

Volkswagen Type 4 8v & Porsche 914 8v

Part #: 00-472

Grind: 73

Intake / Exhaust

Valve Lash (Inch):
.006" / .006"

Valve Lift (Inch):
0.426 / 0.426

Valve Lift (mm):
10.82 / 10.82

Advertised Duration:
262° / 262°

Duration @ 0.050":
224° / 224°

Lobe Center:
108° / 108°

Intake Opens 4° Before TDC

Exhaust Opens 40° Before BDC

Intake Closes 40° After BDC

Exhaust Closes 4° After TDC

Valve Timing Is Checked With Zero Valve Lash
@ 0.050 Inches Of Valve Lift.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.