Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Is this appropriate?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
I the interest of doing the right thing. I would like to know if it is poor taste to post questions on this forum about Boxsters? It appears I will need to rebuild my Boxster engine and I am going need a lot of help! I have a lot of respect for the people here and don't won't disturb the harmony of this great site. Is it cool to start a thread on this topic?

Regards

James
JStroud
I say why not, there have been other non 914 builds documented, and your a world member so bring it on.

I'm sure there is some boxster knowledge here just waiting to get out.

Good luck with the build. beer.gif

Jeff
balljoint
If it's inappropriate it will just get moved to the sandbox.

Just a few drawers down.

smile.gif
mepstein
Sure - it's cousin to the 914
euro911
There already IS a thread about a Boxster problem - oh, yeah poke.gif
Jake Raby
Based on how many guys here have 914s and Boxsters, I think its fine.
Things have dramatically changed over the years :-)
krazykonrad
The Boxster is the modern-day 914. Bring it! popcorn[1].gif

Konrad
r_towle
If Dave can have a Toyota truck build thread! you can certainly talk about any porsche you want IMHO
balljoint
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 14 2013, 12:13 AM) *

If Dave can have a Toyota truck build thread! you can certainly talk about any porsche you want IMHO

The Toyota thread is in the sandbox. My Bug threads are still in the garage though.
r_towle
QUOTE(balljoint @ Dec 14 2013, 12:17 AM) *

The Toyota thread is in the sandbox. My Bug threads are still in the garage though.

You have no beetle, just bugs on your trees
balljoint
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 14 2013, 12:20 AM) *

Hey man, that car is well documented on this BBS.

And you leave my trees out of this.
r_towle
QUOTE(balljoint @ Dec 14 2013, 12:24 AM) *

Prove it.
Post a link to a real thread......

Been thinking about doing a tree farm on a few acres here......
I will start a sandbox thread so you can watch them grow.
balljoint
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 14 2013, 12:44 AM) *

QUOTE(balljoint @ Dec 14 2013, 12:24 AM) *

Prove it.
Post a link to a real thread......

Been thinking about doing a tree farm on a few acres here......
I will start a sandbox thread so you can watch them grow.

Those threads are old. I don't know how to find them.

Grow some interesting and different trees.
pt_700
QUOTE(jesiv @ Dec 13 2013, 08:12 PM) *

I the interest of doing the right thing. I would like to know if it is poor taste to post questions on this forum about Boxsters? It appears I will need to rebuild my Boxster engine and I am going need a lot of help! I have a lot of respect for the people here and don't won't disturb the harmony of this great site. Is it cool to start a thread on this topic?

Regards

James

ridiculously nice of you to ask but, we're already enthralled with your other thread on the same subject...

please, however you see fit, carry on.
Krieger
I would enjoy it. We all could benefit, including Jake IF Jake could be respectful and not condescending to our members.
messix
don't worry it will get hijacked to ridiculousness If it does not meet the strict code of content for the appropriate forum.

happy11.gif
JFJ914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Dec 14 2013, 01:43 AM) *

I would enjoy it. We all could benefit, including Jake IF Jake could be respectful and not condescending to our members.

And this is respectful???????????????
gothspeed
In general, what is needed to attach a boxster motor to a 901? Or does one use a boxster gear box too? ............... popcorn[1].gif
jesiv
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 13 2013, 08:28 PM) *

There already IS a thread about a Boxster problem - oh, yeah poke.gif

Thanks for the poke! Yeah, I am getting some really great advice!!

I do consider my 914 and Boxster of the same family just differnt generations. I just wish the Boxster was as easy to work on as the 914. Thank you for the support.

Regards

James
JeffBowlsby
We are all gearheads here, lets also not forget the Cayman as well...look how similar they are to the 914. Maybe we should consider a Boxster / Cayman forum?
euro911
There have been major technological advancements in Porsche's cars over the history of the marque ...

... the design cut-aways have vastly improved as well

Click to view attachment

laugh.gif
jesiv
If the Cayman had a targa roof... I would be in! I would chose a targa over a rag top any time!

Regards

James
rick 918-S
Sure. They are as close as we'll get to a new gen 914. Are there any Boxster/Cayman forums as helpful as this one?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.