Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eBay & PayPal Fuch'd Up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
There is $1200 in my Account that should not be there - Should I go on a Shopping Spree?
rhodyguy
if they have a credit card #, the answer would be NO!
carr914
Kill-Joy!
crxnug

it could be someone mistyped the email address they were sending the money to and you got the money, the honest thing to do is to let paypal know as you would hate to be the person who sent the money and realize it didnt get to the person it was intended to

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 14 2013, 05:22 AM) *

if they have a credit card #, the answer would be NO!

carr914
I sold an Item for $1225 back in November, & when the Guy Paid, I transferred $1200 into my Bank Account. The (same?) Next Day eBay/Paypal put a hold on my Funds until 12/19. But the $1200 was already in my Bank Account. eBay/PayPay stopped the Hold on my Funds yesterday 7 Days after the Item was delivered & Positive Feedback was left and now there is another $1200 in my PayPal.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 14 2013, 08:58 AM) *

I sold an Item for $1225 back in November, & when the Guy Paid, I transferred $1200 into my Bank Account. The (same?) Next Day eBay/Paypal put a hold on my Funds until 12/19. But the $1200 was already in my Bank Account. eBay/PayPay stopped the Hold on my Funds yesterday 7 Days after the Item was delivered & Positive Feedback was left and now there is another $1200 in my PayPal.

Wait 30 days, then go shopping if it is still there! piratenanner.gif
rhodyguy
phantom money. before you spend it, see if it's still there at the end of the month. you don't want an unexpected deficit. i had no idea of what seem like restrictions that were never there when i tried ebay sales a couple of times years ago.
rmdinmd
agree.gif
rhodyguy
if they have tc's account #s i see no chance of stopping it if they rescind the payment. having a bunch of other checks/payments bounce could be a disaster. i wouldn't care to learn the hard way.
Kaduku
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 14 2013, 06:58 AM) *

I went through the same thing recently. I sold an item on ebay. The buyer wanted a refund and filed a claim. By that time I had already withdrawn the funds. PayPal charged my Bank account the same amount. The claim was later settled and PayPal put the money back into my PayPal account.

mepstein
If it wasn't mine, I would give it back. But I'm just wierd that way...
bulitt
I'm sure you are jokingly asking this question and always intended to give it back. Besides, the accountants will catch it sooner or later.
carr914
QUOTE(bulitt @ Dec 14 2013, 12:21 PM) *

I'm sure you are jokingly asking this question and always intended to give it back. Besides, the accountants will catch it sooner or later.

If I knew I could Fuch PayPal, I would do it in a Heartbeat sheeplove.gif . But I think I will find it's Phantom or my Buyer would get charged twice
soltino
Only spend it on things you can afford and need.

tino
naro914
Me? I'd just leave it there for a while, see what happens.
More surprised they allowed you to withdrawal into your bank account while it was "on hold"
naro914
On another note....46,000 posts TC?? Seriously?? smile.gif
carr914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Dec 14 2013, 06:35 PM) *

I know, I'm Slacking! evilgrin.gif
tomeric914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 14 2013, 07:52 PM) *

Yes, but 77% of TC's post are in the Sandbox NOT that there is anything wrong with that. Just sayin'. cheer.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 14 2013, 08:17 AM) *

There is $1200 in my Account that should not be there - Should I go on a Shopping Spree?

Sorry, that's my deposit. I sent it to the wrong address. A Nigerian prince contacted me and he needs it to release a but-load of money and he's gonna give me a nice bonus.

Just send it back, please. beerchug.gif
carr914
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Dec 14 2013, 06:57 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 14 2013, 07:52 PM) *

Yes, but 77% of TC's post are in the Sandbox NOT that there is anything wrong with that. Just sayin'. cheer.gif

That means I have nearly 9,000 Posts of Merit to the Masses & 37,315 to the AssHats!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.