Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear hub drilling four to five
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
I am taking the rear hubs to a machinist to drill and insert studs into my bros hubs...I want to do it right...any threads on this topic with pics...What type of studs to use..any re-enforcement nessary... IPB Image
thanks
steve
Demick
Use standard length 911 studs (56mm pops in my mind but I'm not sure if that is correct). Take the studs to the machinist before he starts. If he is any good, he will know what size holes to drill based on the studs. All you should need to tell him is drill on 5x130mm. One of the original threaded holes will be re-used for the new pattern. He should use a rotary table, and do it all from the back side since each hole will need to be spot faced from the back as well.

If the machinist asks too many questions - run away. Easy job for any competent machinist with the right tools.

s
pete-stevers
cheers IPB Image
I have a set of five bolt hubs but I think my poor brother is saving for a ring IPB Image ... so we are doing it on a budget... thanks steve IPB Image
dcicchetto914
I wanna get the same done, anyone know how much it costs. Can I set up a jig and do it myself or will I cause a car accident...

Thanks,
Drue
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.