I had visions of great success but time has run out for me. The loss of space to work on the car is going to impact my ability to continue on with my plan. The car is complete door and rear glass is good, the wind shield needs to be replaced. The engine starts and runs, but needs to be tuned up. The exhaust system also needs to be replaced. Left rear quarter panel need to be cut out, I have a replacement. The passenger side has been replaced. I have a rear trunk piece and the rusted portion has been cut out. Suspension is complete but has not been tested for alignment. Hell hole looks good tunnels look good too.
Everything that was screwed or bolted on was removed in anticipation of restoration process, those items are currently in buckets. By all indications the engine is a 2.0 but the badge on the rear deck was removed when the PO removed it to add a Porsche rear reflector.
I am asking $1800, this car is complete. The PO had installed GT flares to the rear quarter panels, it was a hatchet job, my first priority was to replace the flares with stock fenders and that is where I stopped.
The car lived in the back yard of a Southern California neighborhood for almost twenty years and thus the rust to the floor boards and trunk. All I was concerned with was whether the engine was seized. My prayers were answered when a new battery got the car to start up after taking out the plugs and squirting some WD 40 and thirty weight oil into the cylinders and rocking the engine first. It did fire up and sounds strong.
So there you have it. I think it is a good foundation for a project car, make this your weekend warrior/daily driver. That was my plan. I wonder what someone else might be able to do with this 914?