Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS-NOS Mahle P&C's 94mm (US)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
hermich
FS-NOS Mahle, piston & cylinder kit, complete (still in the box), 94mm (7.6:1 US). $325.OBO plus shipping Click to view attachment
ChrisG914
Assuming set of 4 I will take these. Shipping is to a business address in Kenilworth, NJ 07033. PM the total and Paypal info.

Thanks - Chris
tweet
second in line if he passes
euro911
Be aware they're for a bus motor, not 914.
tweet
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 16 2013, 12:33 PM) *

What is the difference?
euro911
Dished pistons, only 7.6:1 CR
tweet
Thanks mark. I did notice they were dished, and he does have the CR listed in the ad. I just wasn't sure if there were any other differences.
euro911
I take it back. Although the part # comes back for '76~'82 transporters, apparently they are also US spec for 'stock 75/'76 914 2.0L motors ... Click here

Good price for NOS Mahles, though
Sea Dragon 914
I may be mistaken but these are for a stock 914 2.0 US model. All of the US sold 914 2.0s came with dished pistons because of emissions. The Euro pistons have less of dish than the US version and as such the CR was 8:1. These pistons may have also been used for the VW Bus but the bus had a different head and oil dip stick location.

SD

QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 16 2013, 09:33 AM) *

euro911
Yes, you are correct. I already retracted my initial post.
Sea Dragon 914
Duh, if I could read I would have seen it! blink.gif

QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 16 2013, 06:28 PM) *

Yes, you are correct. I already retracted my initial post.

ChrisG914
Guys,
I saw some rust on two pictures Herman send me via email. He has now cleaned them up with some 600 grit sand paper and says they are okay. Regardless I am passing on these and responded as much to Herman so if someone else wants them let him know.

- Chris
hermich
Here is the picture that Chris mentioned. I am open for suggestions on a better method to clean them. The rust is on the surface with no damage that I can tell. My only test is running a fingernail over the surface. Can some one with far more knowledge tell me what damage this may have done to the lip? It is my understanding that the surface will mated to the head either by lapping the surfaces together (like a valve seat) or some sort of gasket (running copper on my other 2.0's). I have been tinkering with cars, both race and regular for just over 40 years but have limited 914 knowledge and even less about 914/4's. I have only had 914/4's the past three years so any help is appreciated.

Also, the p&c's are dated 1999 and I'm guessing that this is the first time all of them have been removed from the wax paper. I have had them sitting on a shelf for the past couple of years and never really looked at them closely because I knew I probably would not be using them, since my VW Van idea went away. I thought someone might be able to use them in a street 914, so I posted them for what I thought was a decent price.

I mostly read and buy on the 914 site, spend most of my time on Pelican with the same user id. If anyone is interested, please let me know. Thanks.

HermanClick to view attachment
euro911
Very reasonable price for a set of NOS Mahles
Old Yella
Are these sold? If not I'm interested.
hermich
They are sold...thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.