Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 LUG Conversions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barefoot
My ride had 5 lug adapters installed when I got the car, just got into taking the rear suspension off yesterday and took adapters off for the first time. My 5 lug bolt pattern is about 115 mm, so not standard Porsche 130 mm pattern. The adapters used one of the original holes in the hub for a longer stud, then had 4 others pressed into the adapter. How do you get 115 out of 130 using one of the hub holes ???
There I fixed it, sorry for poor proof read.
Click to view attachment

here's how, an offset stud. Anyone seen any of these befiore? Spacers are 21mm thick and die cast, no idea who made them.
Click to view attachment
rnellums
Terrifying.
Mike Bellis
You need to throw away you metric measuring tape. 315mm = 12.4" Bolt pattern and 121mm = 4.7" thick spacer.

Offset studs are an old cheap way to change wheels around. I would not reuse them. They look scary!
SirAndy
QUOTE(rnellums @ Dec 16 2013, 04:00 PM) *
Terrifying.

agree.gif blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 16 2013, 04:02 PM) *
You need to throw away you metric measuring tape. 315mm = 12.4" Bolt pattern and 121mm = 4.7" thick spacer.

laugh.gif
TargaToy
315.....AROUND. biggrin.gif
CG-914
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 16 2013, 07:02 PM) *

Offset studs are an old cheap way to change wheels around. I would not reuse them. They look scary!

Metric all the way!!!!!!!!!!! beer.gif
McMark
315 = 115 + typo. poke.gif
finchmunoz
new_shocked.gif
Markl
Offset lugs weren't uncommon back in the day - I think they're still available, at least in the LBC world. Never heard of any problems. Of course, normally you'd use 4 or 5 to change to a different lug layout.
barefoot
QUOTE(Markl @ Dec 17 2013, 10:30 PM) *

Offset lugs weren't uncommon back in the day - I think they're still available, at least in the LBC world. Never heard of any problems. Of course, normally you'd use 4 or 5 to change to a different lug layout.

it's too bad that they didn't just keep the 130 mm bolt pattern, then no fancy offset stud needed. Guess lots more wheel choices with the 115 (or so) bolt pattern.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.