Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technical Snapshot: The Porsche 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
Sorry guys...I didn't mean to step on any toes on this one. Someone else asked me to post this, just doing a favor. It is now deleted.

-Britain
Hammy
That worries me. Only 119k 914's made? IPB Image
tat2dphreak
WOW! thanks for posting this!
Eric_Shea
With that and the Max Moritz GT in Excellence it was a good 914 month! IPB Image
Part Pricer
Such hypocrisy!

Lawrence deletes a thread within 10 minutes of it being initiated because it contained reference to possible illegal use of copyrighted materials. Yet, this thread contains copyrighted materials (owned by PCA, check out the front of Pano) and it has remained on the forum for eight hours. It has had over 100 views, some of which I would bet have been Admins.

Could someone please provide me some moral guidance? Where is the line drawn between what is OK to steal and what is not?
Eric_Shea
Being an ex-magazine guy... I tend to agree that it's probably (well, not probably) not right IPB Image

Sorry Britain IPB Image

But it was a good 914 month in the pubs. IPB Image
larryp
Nicely done, paul. And well said.
Part Pricer
QUOTE (larryp @ Dec 30 2004, 11:12 AM)
Nicely done, paul. And well said.

Well, I've had some experience with copyright infringement. IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Dec 30 2004, 08:03 AM)
Where is the line drawn between what is OK to steal and what is not?

there's a rather thick (as opposed to fine) line between members of this board posting content and we (as the board owners) providing stolen content.

i too have dealt with copyright issues in the past and in this case, the difference seems quite obvious to me ...

IPB Image Andy

PS: if you *really* need moral guidance on this topic please contact me offline, otherwise use common sense ...
SirAndy
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Dec 30 2004, 08:03 AM)
Such hypocrisy!

thanks, made me feel really special ...

IPB Image
Rusty
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Dec 30 2004, 11:03 AM)
Such hypocrisy!

Lawrence deletes a thread ... < snip >

Uhhhhh... IPB Image
Part Pricer
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Dec 30 2004, 03:45 PM)

there's a rather thick (as opposed to fine) line between members of this board posting content and we (as the board owners) providing stolen content.

i too have dealt with copyright issues in the past and in this case, the difference seems quite obvious to me ...

Well, good luck with that. Implicit collaboration will bite you every time.

Good thing Britian has some sense.
Rusty
Does your "experience with copyright infringement" have to do with you illicitly accessing multiple parts databases across the net to search for best prices on particular items? It was all cool... until the lawyers caught up with you and slapped you with papers to stop your putting that process out on the net, right?

Or do just have nothing better to do than flame the Admins because we didn't catch something soon enough for you? Some of those admins who don't have time to read every single thread? Or do you just have a hardon for me in particular?

Really, my questions are hypothetical... since obviously we don't have the "sense" to understand your wisdom from on high.

You're really a piece of work, Heery. IPB Image

-Lawrence
SirAndy
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Dec 30 2004, 02:16 PM)
Implicit collaboration

now that is just plain stupid ....
Part Pricer
Wow, Larry. You really need to chill out.

I just used you in my initial example because your actions were correct and honorable in attempting to protect the operations of this forum.
aircooledboy
JEEEZEZ WILL YOU GUYS CUT THIS SHIT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
IPB Image IPB Image

What the hell exactly is the point of busting the VOLUNTEER admins balls?? IPB Image

Sometimes it sounds just like dealing with my kids (who's ages are still in single digits). I really don't get it. IPB Image
Rusty
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Dec 30 2004, 05:42 PM)
Wow, Larry. You really need to chill out.

I just used you in my initial example because your actions were correct and honorable in attempting to protect the operations of this forum.

Paul, you and I are friends here.

But, no... I don't need to chill out.

Maybe folks really don't understand. When people type "the Admins", it means ME. When Gint or Andy or Sean reads it, it means THEM, personally. I, among others who contribute far more than I do, manage this board. YOU called ME a hypocrite. When Brad or Jeroen or McMark reads what you wrote, YOU called THEM hypocrites.

None of these guys get paid to do what they do. They don't have to suffer bullshit and smile. What you typed was rude and abusive, my friend.

This isn't a "pity the admin team" post. But take a minute before you (a general you, not you specifically, Paul) bitch and complain about administration of the site publicly. Is it something that could be handled by PMing an online Admin? Did it need to get fixed right away, or could it have waited an hour or two?

The Admins catch what we see, and not all of us see everything. Geez, people are SO quick to throw rocks at the Admin team... and I speak for more than just myself: it's getting pretty old.

I hope you better understand my reaction.

-Lawrence
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.