Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone seen any thread about a Bay Area New Year's Day drive?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
For the past several years there has been a New Year's Day drive by the PCA or a group from Pelican in The Nor Cal Bay Area I have not seen any post on one for this year. Any body have any details on a drive this year?

Click to view attachment

Michael N
Thanks Mike for the link. That was the one drive I was looking to find. driving.gif I have done the drive 2 of the last 3 years and have had a blast on them. Last year I was just simply too lazy to crawl out of bed on time.
Mike Bellis
I'll be going to this one too. I plan to swap back in my 5 speed this weekend so I can make the drive.

Need to see if the good Dr. wants to play with a 6 speed... idea.gif
Michael N
Bump to the top. driving.gif
jesiv
That's my red Boxster in the middle... :-( I will not be attending due to my cracked head. This was the year that one guy busted both rims at mile 13 and one guy drove off a cliff!! He was not hurt and after they pulled his car out of the gulley he drove it home!!

It's a blast but should start at a more civilized time... 9:14

Regards

James
EdwardBlume
Great weather! w00t.gif
Michael N
So I am confirmed on the drive. My kids, Nolan and Mikayla, will be joining me in my car as well unless I can convince their mother to get out of bed and join us in her car then it will be one kid in each. Mikayla is a trooper as two years ago she puked her guts out on the way down Mt. Hamilton before continuing on the drive.

jeffdon
Is this a PCNA member only thing?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Dec 29 2013, 06:41 PM) *

Is this a PCNA member only thing?

No. Anyone can attend.
euro911
QUOTE(jesiv @ Dec 26 2013, 08:25 PM) *
That's my red Boxster in the middle... :-( I will not be attending due to my cracked head. This was the year that one guy busted both rims at mile 13 and one guy drove off a cliff!! He was not hurt and after they pulled his car out of the gulley he drove it home!!

It's a blast but should start at a more civilized time... 9:14

Regards

James
What's the problem? ... does it start at 9:11? laugh.gif

Redondo Beach to Livermore: 353 mi, 5 hours 17 mins (x2) - Ouch

Have fun

Nothing happening closer to LA/OC? confused24.gif
Michael N
Last bump for the event. I am meeting some other drivers at the Mc Donald's on Los Gatos Blvd in Los Gatos at 7am to caravan over to Livermore if any one cares to join.
Mike Bellis
I'm out. sad.gif

I did not get a chance to fix my boost solenoid. No boost= No fun...

Happy New Year!
JStroud
I won't be there, I'll be reinstalling my engine tomorrow drunk.gif

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.