Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9590 Valve Train Setup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
I started setting up the valve train for a 9590 cam with 0.426" lift for both exhaust and intake. I took some pictures at half lift and like to get some verification on this is what it's suppose to look like. I know the drawn in lines are not completely valid cause the picture is not perfectly square form the side.

Also RAT specifies to be within +/-5% of cam lift. Is within 5% cylinder to cylinder also okay? If not, what is a good target?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

nathansnathan
It looks like the adjuster isn't out enough. If it binds on the rocker, it's bad. Actually looks like the rockers aren't decked enough to run those adjusters.

I've always tried to get them the same as each other as it will affect adjusting them/synching them.
Highland
Thanks for the input. I've got at least one turn before the adjusters bottom out against the rocker. Is that enough? A mill is not readily available, but of course I'll take down more if I have too. Took down .060 when I had them done.

Any opinions on how the geometry looks at 1/2 lift?

Also RAT specifies <0.006" play along the rocker shaft and to sand down the solid spacer to specification. Would replacing the provided washers with shims (instead of sanding the spacer) be okay or are those washers special?
Mark Henry
If you removed .060 from the bottom of the adjuster screw hole now radius (grind, countersink) the hole so the foot swivels freely.
Jake Raby
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 17 2013, 03:26 PM) *

If you removed .060 from the bottom of the adjuster screw hole now radius (grind, countersink) the hole so the foot swivels freely.

Yep.
And it looks like the geometry is pretty close in these pics.
gothspeed
Looks good smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.