Full Version: Seat cover kits: World Upholstery vs ebay aoenterpreses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914skraper
Whose seat cover kit would you buy?

$425 for World Upholstery,
http://www.worlduph.com/porsche/914_916/

or $350 for ebay "aoenterpreses"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-914-FRONT-...=item20c593d8da

Both look to have about the same shipping cost.
I'm looking for input about quality of materials, quality of instructions, and post-sale support.
jesiv
You may want to checkout high performance house. Rich is starting sell kits and finished products. I checked them out a couple of weeks ago. The quality was excellent!

Rich (650) 364-6234

Regards

James
t collins
I went with World Upholstery
Click to view attachment
turk22
I got the kit from ebay, very happy with the quality. I have a thread that details the installation

Click to view attachment
CptTripps
World quoted me $675 for the front seats. How'd you get them to quote $425? stromberg.gif mad.gif
CptTripps
QUOTE(turk22 @ Dec 17 2013, 10:59 PM) *

I have a thread that details the installation

Awesome thread. I'll save people the hunting.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=198686
914skraper
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Dec 17 2013, 09:23 PM) *

World quoted me $675 for the front seats. How'd you get them to quote $425? stromberg.gif mad.gif

They quoted me $325 the first time I called, which I wrote down - when my wife called later to order them they said $425, so she thought she had the wrong item, and bailed. I asked for a bunch of prices (carpet etc) and many of those were in the threes, so it was probably a mixup, potentially mine (though my opinion is that it wasn't)... but still a little off-putting. I'm still not sure who to go with.
CptTripps
I asked this morning about my $675 quote for vinyl.

On Dec 18, 2013, at 11:50 AM, Heather Anderson <heather@worlduph.com> wrote:

Very sorry about that. Thank you for double checking. The new pricing for vinyl is $425.00.

Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 4:18 AM
To: Heather Anderson
Subject: Re: Info Request from WU Web

Heather-

Why is the vinyl so much? That's 2X what you charged us a few months ago. ($325)

- Doug

69telecaster
I'm thinking of try this, but I'm confused about the dates. We have a '70 with the stationary passenger side...I can understand that might be different. The '72, '73, and '76 have 'normal' seats (as well as the driver's side in the '70), and they all look the same to me, except the plaid material in the '76. What's the difference, if any, in the years?

cm
CptTripps
Heather just came back at $425 with the perforated vinyl in the middle. I guess it was a typo at $675. Hmmm.
914skraper
Well my wife resolved the issue for me by getting me a set of German vinyl covers from World for Xmas. Woo Hoo! I'll post pix when I put them on.
rhodyguy
wish world would list prices "subject to change without notice". i can handle that. they show early back pad covering too.
kshighlander
I got mine from Iggee for less than $200.00 they are ok, not concours by any means but for daily driving were great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.