Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tarett bar and gas tank clearance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
datapace
Hi,

For those of you who have a Tarett hollow sway bar, did you do anything special while mounting the fuel tank after installing the bar?

Once I dropped my tank in with rubber blocks, when I move the sway bar, the tank rocks fore and aft. When I removed the tank, I could clearly see where it was rubbing.

At this point, I'm just thinking about using some rubber sheets as spacers to support the bottom of the tank where it contacts the chassis, but am wondering if anyone else has come up with a more elegant solution.

Thanks,

-bryan
Aaron Cox
i had the same isssue IPB Image

heres what i did, i mved the holes down a few MM, and padded the bottom of the tank with a styrofoam cloth IPB Image
SirAndy
mine just barely clears. when we installed it, we moved it as low as possible ...

IPB Image Andy
datapace
Thanks for the responses guys ... this sucks, but at least I'm not the only one that has run into it.

I'm going to try and go the other way and raise the gas tank a few mm for clearance. Seeing those sway bar pictures in that thread the other day really gave me the willys IPB Image, I'd rather not mess with the geometry.

The car originally had a factory swaybar, so I have the factory triangles already in place. The hole has about 2mm all around for the clearance of the MUCH larger tarett. Other than these fitment issues, the bar looks absolutly fantastic. It is amazingly well made.

-bryan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.