Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New member... First post
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ruptured Duck
Well... My first post. Just struck a deal on one 73 parts car and one 74 project car. The 74 will be completed and already has the full 916 bodywork completed... Looking forward to digging into this project. Build my son a 70 Cal Bug couple of years back and enjoyed that project. Just completed a 76 Spitfire and will be selling it off over the next few weeks to help finance this new build. More than likely I'll have some extra parts to sell off. Hope to get a lot of help here bye1.gif
Garland
welcome.png
David_S
QUOTE(Ruptured Duck @ Dec 18 2013, 08:49 PM) *

Well... My first post. Just struck a deal on one 73 parts car and one 74 project car. The 74 will be completed and already has the full 916 bodywork completed... Looking forward to digging into this project. Build my son a 70 Cal Bug couple of years back and enjoyed that project. Just completed a 76 Spitfire and will be selling it off over the next few weeks to help finance this new build. More than likely I'll have some extra parts to sell off. Hope to get a lot of help here bye1.gif

welcome.png thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
wndsnd
welcome.png
poorsche914
welcome.png
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

driving.gif
Ruptured Duck
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Dec 18 2013, 10:05 PM) *

welcome.png
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

driving.gif

Yes I agree.... Will be back this weekend to take pictures of the 74.... I want the pictures as bad as you guys... beerchug.gif

Just finished the Spitfire and got lucky with very little rust to fix... I know I want be that lucky with these two cars....
76-914
welcome.png
maddog
welcome.png
PanelBilly
Pictures first then welcome
rick 918-S
welcome.png
euro911
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 18 2013, 09:59 PM) *
Pictures first then welcome
laugh.gif

Pix are more inspirational than words, sometimes ...

welcome.png
914outlaw
welcome.png
PancakePorsche
Welcome !

You will come to love the car and the community of fellow owners. You already discovered were we hang out !
CG-914
welcome.png
carr914
welcome.png
Bills914-4
Welcome to madness : ) ,

Bill D.
johannes
Welcome to the asylum world

The french guy

welcome.png
JawjaPorsche
Welcome to the madness. A lot of 914 owners not far from you: Cumming, Athens, Clarksville not to mention Atlanta area. I live about 50 miles from you. You have come to right place.
BIGKAT_83
welcome.png
Just down the road in Athens... Thought I knew of every 914 in the area.
Cairo94507
welcome.png That is a terrific way to make an entrance into this community. Now post some pictures. smile.gif
ellisor3
welcome.png

Are you married?
Do you have cash?

Two things you will soon be without.

Destroying marriages, and making people poor, one car at a time, or in your case, two.

Welcome santa_smiley.gif
ww914
Some of us can't read, that's why we need picktors.

fuchia914.jpg

welcome.png

wreath.gif
aharder
welcome.png
jimkelly
914's are known to have rust in these locations and more.

AfricanHijinx
welcome.png
Ruptured Duck
QUOTE(AfricanHijinx @ Dec 19 2013, 10:59 AM) *

welcome.png

thanks guys.... yes married and as with most of us short on cash. Wife has one rule. Only one project at a time. Looks like the Spitfire has sold so I'm OK as long as I strip the parts I need from the 73 and get the rest out of sight ASAP...
pictures will need to come later. Looks like I could take delivery as soon as next week. Spits got to get moved out along with extra parts, garage cleared and prepped for the new money pit.
RUST is going to be the first thing that I try to get under control along with rebuilding the 1.8L motor. Did a 70 Bug about 4 years ago so will be a refresher coarse for sure.
cpavlenko
welcome.png white914.jpg welcome .
r_towle
welcome.png

Glad you started the right way with a parts car.
Get some jack stands and enjoy the process.

rich
Ruptured Duck
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 19 2013, 01:12 PM) *

welcome.png

Glad you started the right way with a parts car.
Get some jack stands and enjoy the process.

rich

Got those and the welder.... This will be my 4th project car so been there done that for some of the pitfalls I'm sure I will get to experience .... headbang.gif
bcheney
Welcome aboard....you're gonna love this place....the support and fun is FANTASTIC!
krazykonrad
welcome.png

Konrad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.