Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mechanics around AR, OK, MO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RazorbackFan78
Anyone know of any trusted 914 mechanics in the AR, OK, MO area? Specifically Engine/Transmission work. My "shop" is closed for the winter sad.gif

Did a forum search for mechanics and closest I've found was a recommendation for H&H Enterprises in Plano, TX
Call Perfection Plus in LR. Might be Bryant/Benton.

FB page if you go there....Perfection Plus FB Page

JT (jt914) and Ron (pcar916) might know of others??
RazorbackFan78
Thanks Ken...I'm not familiar with Ron or JT but I'll keep an eye out for their recommendations.
I also think Curt (TheCabinetmaker) over around Tulsa would know someone. That is closer than LR for you...
TheCabinetmaker
I can help you with anything 914 but the trans, and we have another local for that.

You might try to contact Ron Mott in little rock. He goes by pcar916 here.
RazorbackFan78
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Glad to find I have a few options a few hours away.

Curt, I'm pretty familiar with the Tulsa area. I live in Northwest Arkansas so it's barely a 2hr drive smile.gif I'll PM you with some specifics about the car.
Tilly74
If you're ever in Springfield let me know!!
RazorbackFan78
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Dec 19 2013, 05:24 PM) *

I can help you with anything 914 but the trans, and we have another local for that.

Thanks Curt. I PM'd ya yesterday with my contact info and a little background on the car. What's the contact info for the guy who does the trans work? The trans work is my top priority right now, followed by all new seals...she's a leaky beast and I don't have the garage space or a decent lift to work on it myself right now.

Thanks,
Matt

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RazorbackFan78 @ Dec 21 2013, 09:47 AM) *

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Dec 19 2013, 05:24 PM) *

Thanks Curt. I PM'd ya yesterday with my contact info and a little background on the car. What's the contact info for the guy who does the trans work? The trans work is my top priority right now, followed by all new seals...she's a leaky beast and I don't have the garage space or a decent lift to work on it myself right now.

Thanks,
Matt

Contact Dr. Evil for your transmission needs, you can't go wrong. He will make sure it shifts smoothly.
first.gif
RazorbackFan78
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 21 2013, 11:17 AM) *

Contact Dr. Evil for your transmission needs, you can't go wrong. He will make sure it shifts smoothly.
first.gif

Sending it to the Doc was my original thought. He seems to have a great reputation. But to be honest, I've never dropped the engine/trans on my 914. And since I don't have a lift I'd be dropping it using two jacks, a cart and jackstands which sounds like the most difficult way to do it, and the most dangerous. Is it easier than it sounds?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RazorbackFan78 @ Dec 21 2013, 03:32 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 21 2013, 11:17 AM) *

first.gif

Sending it to the Doc was my original thought. He seems to have a great reputation. But to be honest, I've never dropped the engine/trans on my 914. And since I don't have a lift I'd be dropping it using two jacks, a cart and jackstands which sounds like the most difficult way to do it, and the most dangerous. Is it easier than it sounds?

That is the only way I have ever done it, and the first time was in the parking lot of a shop in the July heat. Took about 2 hours. Wasn't fast, but I figure not bad for the first time and in a parking lot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.