Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just for Grins and Giggles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
No connection......Just for fun reading.....Rust not so bad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-Blue-1...=US_Cars_Trucks
nathansnathan
Boy, is it clean? smile.gif -rusted in some weird places, like the front trunk vin plate. Looks like faded Adriatic Blue. I wonder what is up with the Sallie Mae plates?
walterolin
There is some strange rust, the area below/around the windshield will be a challenge.

It is however a 1970 "2 liter", with most of the original FI. Not too many 1970 4 cyl FI 2 liters.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(walterolin @ Dec 19 2013, 12:29 PM) *

There is some strange rust, the area below/around the windshield will be a challenge.

It is however a 1970 "2 liter", with most of the original FI. Not too many 1970 4 cyl FI 2 liters.

I thought the same thing when I saw the ad earlier this week. 2.0 were not available until 73.
oldschool
QUOTE(walterolin @ Dec 19 2013, 09:29 AM) *

2.0? confused24.gif
ConeDodger
Wow. over 210 transactions and he has a 96% rating. He's pissed off at least 8-9 people in a short time.

I'd guess if it IS a 2.0 it got one after 1973 when they came out??? blink.gif
rmital
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 19 2013, 01:59 PM) *

Wow. over 210 transactions and he has a 96% rating. He's pissed off at least 8-9 people in a short time.

I'd guess if it IS a 2.0 it got one after 1973 when they came out??? blink.gif

...looking in the background, I think I see another 914 and other vehicles of interest; so, you'd think the seller "might" know better than to misrepresent the actual engine....considering the spark plug location and air filter housing bracket, it's obviously a 1.7L
so yeah, what a shock he's pissed off previous buyers.

all the rust is expected and I'm used to it, being from the "Great Salt Belt" in the Northeast.
r_towle
same guy is selling that red Alpha in the background.

Rich
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 19 2013, 11:25 AM) *

Rich

Yup, the Alfa's on BAT. It's been sitting forever, too.

The Cap'n
r_towle
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 19 2013, 03:21 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 19 2013, 11:25 AM) *

Rich

Yup, the Alfa's on BAT. It's been sitting forever, too.

The Cap'n

maybe because it was a lousy model when it was new, and now its even worse smile.gif
billh1963
H is selling a Spitfire that reminds me of one I used to have. Mine was a white '75 1500 with overdrive. For all its faults it never left me stranded and got great gas mileage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.